MediaPortal v's MythTV (1 Viewer)

ShadoHawk

Portal Member
December 19, 2006
Okay, well, the links you have posted I had looked at, but what drives me nuts is that if I build the Graph and run it, it works. Like while I am posting this I am watching HOUSE in HD on FOX... But the audio is out of sync... but the picture is WONDERFUL. But when it goes to autotune it doesn't find any channels or it crashes...

Again. Thank you so much for your help!

ShadoHawk

Portal Member
December 19, 2006
I was running 0.2.0.0 getting that version now. Also, I am pretty sure I got the xml right now! It made it to channel 29 before it died on me, but I noticed that it will get signal locks but not find a channel.. Is this normal?

ShadoHawk

Portal Member
December 19, 2006
No worries. I got it taken care of. The first config I posted was right... Now I am going to work on building a Graph for NTSC. :) Thanks for the help. I have to watch for my own typos. LOL

ShadoHawk

Portal Member
December 19, 2006
Well, I should get my butt to bed. But I made the NTSC side of the config! Well, it's not perfect yet cause I haven't tested but this is what I have gotten so far and it's scanning channels now!

Code:
  <capturecard commercialname="pcHDTV 5500 (NTSC)" capturename="PVDA408 Video Capture" devid="ven_14f1&amp;dev_8800&amp;subsys_55007063&amp;rev_05">
    <capabilities tv="true" radio="false" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="false"/>
    <tv>
    <interface cat="capture" video="" audio="" mpeg2="0"></interface>
      <filters>
        <filter cat="tvtuner"     name="PVDA408 Tuner"   checkdevice="true"/>
        <filter cat="tvaudio"     name="PVDA408 TvAudio"   checkdevice="true"/>
        <filter cat="crossbar"    name="PVDA408 Crossbar"   checkdevice="true"/>
        <filter cat="capture"     name="PVDA408 Video Capture"    checkdevice="true"/>
      </filters>
      <connections>
        <connection sourcefilter="tvtuner"  sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="1"></connection>
        <connection sourcefilter="tvaudio"  sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="4"></connection>
        <connection sourcefilter="tvtuner"  sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="tvaudio"  sinkpin="0"></connection>
        <connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture"  sinkpin="0"></connection>
      </connections>
    </tv>
  </capturecard>

It seems to be on it's way to working. Thanks so much for your help in pointing me in the right direction! I hope to perfect the configs for all the features of the card so they can be added to the release. :)

:D Paul!

:D MediaPortal Team!

stryker

Portal Pro
November 20, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
mcjimbob,

I use MP for sky but only from the point of view I use a MCE150PVR card and its composit input to get a picture from my sky box. I think setup the EPG with all my fav channels. I then used the MCE replacement IR control plugin to work my Sky+ box.

It all works 100% so am very happy with it. Last night I told it to record some "dirty sanchez" on MTV (there were three episodes on back to back just after midnight). It recorded them and stored them in their own series folder.... great!

So as a method I can say the above works pretty well. I'm tempted to have multiroom and an additional PVR150 at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom