[Bug] Mediaportal windowed starting issue (1 Viewer)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just installed the 1.3.0 RC, and I couldn't find the option to start Mediaportal in windowed mode.

Then I tried passing /windowed as command line parameter, and when I start Mediaportal /windowed, it starts fullscreen (and more: on my adjacent monitor a couple of pixels of the image are visible, attached screenshot has 1288 pix of background, while my monitor is 1280), but after initializing plugins etc it resizes to become a windowed program.
    After that, it takes a couple of seconds for the fullscreen background to disappear, and all looks normal again.
    screenshot.png
    This is both with titan and defaultwide

Is this desired/designed behavior, and what are the thoughts on that?

Last edited by a moderator:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Doesn't sound like intended behaviour doskabouter. Might very well be related to a LOT of skin engine changes that were done in the RC release.

Just tried to reproduce this, and i see simular behaviour as you do with the 'mediaportal /fullscreen=no' command-line.

Maybe @Scythe42 can comment on this, since he's been working for a long time on the half/fullscreen issues and did the skin engine changes in RC.

** EDIT **
    2013-02-09 18:46:03.394121 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Main: Checking for running MediaPortal instance
    2013-02-09 18:46:03.396123 [Debug][SplashScreen(3)]: FullScreenSplash: Splashscreen.xml found: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Titan\splashscreen.xml
    That still seems to be showing in the background.

Last edited:

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Look simple enough. Tested by Seb and HomeY, so do you feel this is ready to merge?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom