mediaportal.xml truncated to zero-> instant crash (1 Viewer)

Craydk

Portal Member
June 4, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
had an unusual experiance with MP... One day (after my grilfriend had been home alone) MP would start anymore (crashed unexpectedly) config would start either. TV-server worked fine though...
After alot of going back and forth i eventually discovered that mediaportal.xml had been truncated to zero (ie file exist but no content). I deleted the emty file and everything ran smoothly.

unfortunaly i have no logs (deleted accidently) and i have no idea why the file was truncated to zero. so no reproduce (give my girlfriend another go ;)). but perhaps an exceptionhandler should not just look at if the file exist (which i would image it does?) but also if it is valid too?

/regard

this was on vista with the SVN build of last week

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Yeah live & learn(that means don't let gf/wife get the hands on MP ;) )

Joke aside. Not sure we can do anything, but will check. Btw was the MediaPortal.xml complete clean(nothing in it)?

Regards
    Roy

Craydk

Portal Member
    June 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    :)

yeah it was clean.

those women i tell you.....

Craydk

Portal Member
    June 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    think i discovered the problem.... as it happened again...
    It was running (very) short on disk space. this time it was not truncated to zero but the problem disappered when i deleted mediaportal.xml... oh well i deleted a bunch of old recordings and dont plan on seing the issue again...

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Yeah, the 0byte file & crash it's fixed by Bavarian so that shouldn't happen again, the space left on hdd i can't help you with ;)

Thanks for reporting :)

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom