Mediasite Plugin For MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

Vic Demented

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 4, 2013
    Brugge, Belgium
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'll work on adding something that has slides, however in order to get slides working, we must get video to play first since we need to get the currentTime from the playing video in order to determine which slide to show. When the desired video is selected how do you want me to give you the URL to the stream?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    All MP2 players are working with so called MediaItems. A MediaItem can be created for file resources, or in our case for online streams.

Playback of any MediaItem can be started with PlayItemsModel.PlayItem: https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...omponents/Media/Models/PlayItemsModel.cs#L213

The creation of such a MediaItem is done by the MetadataExtractors (in case of file source) (see example in VideoBackgroundModel https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...ager/Models/VideoBackgroundModel.cs#L131-L133).

For URL sources we need additionally a ResourceAccessor to load the stream. For the SlimTV (rtsp) part I have coded this already: https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...esourceProvider/SlimTvMediaItemBuilder.cs#L62 (this solution is bound to TsReader.ax and RTSP sources only, including some special logic for PiP handling, so not generic enough).

@offbyone, can you post a link to your solution in OnlineVideos? I think a generic URL source player (and ResourceAccessor) could be good to have in standard MP2 configuration.

@Vic Demented if you get a valid url source, tell me and I will look into possibilities how to start playback.

Another question: what is the "master" of the playback? The video stream and its playback position? Or the Slides and their timecode? Or both can control each other?

Vic Demented

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 4, 2013
    Brugge, Belgium
    Home Country
    @Vic Demented if you get a valid url source, tell me and I will look into possibilities how to start playback.
    Working on it :) They were having issues with SSL

Another question: what is the "master" of the playback? The video stream and its playback position? Or the Slides and their timecode? Or both can control each other?

Both can control each other. When the video is playing, the slide with that timecode should be display and if a slide is selected, then it should jump the video playback position to the timecode associated with that slide.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've updated the model so that the ItemsList is refreshed correctly (after loading slides). ItemsList must not be recreated, but Clear/Add/FireChange.

Vic Demented

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 4, 2013
    Brugge, Belgium
    Home Country
    Turns out that the SlideDetails object contains everything BUT the URL needed to load the image. So I modified the model to craft a valid URL and modified the dev server (hosted by Sonic Foundry for us) to circumvent this oversight.

On another note, I will be speaking at the Unleash conference (http://www.sonicfoundry.com/unleash2013) regarding their API and if we get this done before April 28th then I will include it in my example.

Vic Demented

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 4, 2013
    Brugge, Belgium
    Home Country
    Morpheus, you should now have what you need to start working on the video playback and displaying slides.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Good progress here: I can already play the video :)

I plan to use the inbuilt chapter feature of the VideoPlayer to for seeking to slides. I also could add a specialized VideoPlayer, that uses LAVSplitterSource for loading the http stream (it works quite good for seeking)...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This works already quite good:

Player is using LAV Splitter Source (needs to be installed), the slides including their images are shown on screen and can be used to seek video to matching position:

01_PresentationAndSlides.png

I will add an UIContributor to have the slides available in fullscreen mode and use it like an OSD for seeking (and indicating current position as well).

Vic Demented

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 4, 2013
    Brugge, Belgium
    Home Country
    NICE!! Great job so far. I was thinking of pulling all the mediasite stuff into a helper class. What do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom