MediaSlayer - CD and DVD HD ripping tool (1 Viewer)

Mencoder - working or not

• Yep, all is fine

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • No and I'm frustrated

Votes: 65 69.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Does the latest version work with anything prior to the RC1 release of MP? I reverted back to the beta of MP, and I get errors with the latest Media Slayer.

Also, are there any plans to implement any of the feature requests\improvements that have been requested?

thanks

Also, these enhacements are needing to be done since there will not be any improvement to the virtual keyboard and the character lenght limitation.

galliano

Portal Pro
March 1, 2010
Is there a file called MediaSlayer.xml at all in your B3 folder?

Hi MrCrabs, No there wasn't, but now there is ;) After your advise I double-checked and only found a MediaSlayer.xml in

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Blue3wide

so then I copied the MediaSlayer.xml to

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Blue3

and it seems to be working... well, I did not try to rip a DVD yet, but I see the MediaSlayer screen now and I can select items.

I wonder...
why is the installer not copying the file itself like other plugin installers do?
and why did I get several times the error shown in the attached error log before being able to install the plugin smoothly?

Many :D!

Attachments

• MPEInstaller Error MediaSlayer.txt
    30.7 KB

alexirion

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 8, 2010
    St. Georgen im Schwarzwald
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I removed that dl as there is now new MP1.1.0 installer package available in first post.

Progress bar issue: check your skin file and remove those 2 #percentage lines. It is not needed for plugin.

Prevent standby when ripping: try new version from 1st post.

Home repository dl problem: it seems that updating just text is not possible and file must be attached every time again?!? Also approval is needed from site admin even for small changes. Not very clever system - imo.

:D for integrating this standby stuff so quickly! I was surprised. Great work, Manfred!

P.S:

Is it also possible to extract only the main movie (m2ts) file from a Bluray? For me only ripping the complete disc as iso with the internal ripper works. All other options lead to error messages.
    --Alex

Ragendorf

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2008
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaSlayer - CD and DVD HD ripping tool

No Bugreport, only a big :D for this Plugin.

Now i can backup all my Music and preserve my Polycarbonat-Centrifuge. :D

Love it!

deskwizard

Portal Member
    April 12, 2010
    St-Hubert
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi, first of all, i think i speak for a lot of people when i say thank you for your work.

Only a little thing though, i can't get it to work with the latest dvdfab release. I got the command line working by itself but since i dont have access to the arguments your plugin passes to dvdfab, i cant make it work.

i just want to know if anyone has an idea on how i could make this thing work

thanks a lot

deskwizard

Portal Member
    April 12, 2010
    St-Hubert
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    DVDFab fixing tryout lol

I found out whats wrong with the DVDFab calling code, looking at my logs.

I attached them so you can look this up for yourself.

[ useful part of log start ]

2010-04-17 09:41:48.218750 [Debug][(9)]: MediaSlayer (DVDRip): Start - format=DVDFab, file=C:\Documents and Settings\Salon\My Documents\My Movies\Madagascar [WS] [Holiday Edition].iso
    2010-04-17 09:41:48.218750 [Info.][(9)]: MediaSlayer (DVD-args): /SRC "D:\" /DEST "C:\Documents and Settings\Salon\My Documents\My Movies\\tmp_dvd.iso" /START /CLOSE
    2010-04-17 09:41:53.765625 [Info.][(9)]: MediaSlayer (DVDRip-exception): Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

[ end of useful part of log ]

For what i see, the MODE argument is missing. here's the batchfile i made that works for my specific requirements. but you'll get the point

"C:\Program Files\DVDFab 7\DVDFab.exe" /mode "FULLDISC" /src "d:\" /dest "C:\Documents and Settings\Salon\My Documents\My Movies" /Title auto /outdisc dvd5 /close

If you could direct me on where to change the arguments passed to DVDFab like you mentionned in post #79 ( i think) it would be really great.;)

hey__me

Portal Pro
    March 12, 2009
    I am trying to use IMGBurn as a faster alternative to the internal ISO Ripper. However when I try to use it I get Configuration is not complete. I have it set up in the configuration, and the .exe path set to the imgburn.exe file. See attached config file

Attachments

• MediaSlayer.xml
      30.6 KB

Mikou

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi,

I installed plug-in and got following error note while I tried rip music CD: "unrecoverable error".
    From error.txt log file I foung following:

-----------------------------------
    2010-04-22 20:18:13.615600 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: MediaSlayer: System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 10.2.18.89:8002
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect(EndPoint remoteEP)
    at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
    at MediaPortal.Freedb.FreeDBHttpImpl.GetStreamFromSite(String command)
    at MediaPortal.Freedb.FreeDBHttpImpl.GetDiscInfo(Char driveLetter)
    at MediaSlayer.Freedb.queryCDDB(Char driveletter)
    -----------------------------------

What might be wrong? I tried also without firewall in HTPC but with same problem.

EDIT: Fanart Handler plug-in had proxy enabled as default and for some reason that prevented all traffic from MediaPortal - now working

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom