MediaSlayer - CD and DVD HD ripping tool (1 Viewer)

Mencoder - working or not

• Yep, all is fine

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • No and I'm frustrated

Votes: 65 69.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nigo

Portal Member
April 11, 2010
Hi...

I'm pretty new to this world so please be patient.

How do I get mencoder+mplayer? I manage to find a binary of mplayer on its official website (I think), MPlayer - The Movie Player, which installed nicely. However there is no mencoder.exe anywhere on my computer.

Then I noticed the downloadlink for mplayer win32 on the first post (doh!). Downloaded it, but there was only a file called ffmpeg.exe in the compressed archive (and some docs).
Executing ffmpeg.exe gave a flash of a terminal window... and nothing else :-(
I don't know anything about compiling my own edition - what I need is a good old-fashioned installer ;-) Can anyone help?

Thanks

NoBugS

Portal Pro
August 22, 2009
Hoover, AL
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Is the source code of that great plugin available?
If yes, where? If no, why not?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
No, the source code is not available. I have been asking for it to help out on this plugin for about 2-3 months. via this forum I was told it is not available. I sent him a PM, and got no response...

Hoping it is not dead. I don't think it is, because I think he is helping with getting 1.1 final out the door. then (hopefully) he will come back to this plugin and help it along...

kiwi1342

Portal Member
May 27, 2010
Hi,

can someone explain how to set it up correctrly pls?

I downloaded DVDFab and configured the plugin checking the box which says: "Online decrypter installed" and in the Ripper dropdown menu I selected DVDFab.

Below in the DVDFab box I browsed linking the DVDFab.exe file.

but when I try to rip a dvd I get the Analazying message and it just stays there. can someone help me pls :)

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi

Is it possible to add the Album Artist tag when ripping?

My music collection in MP is organised by album artist.

Sorry if this has been asked or answered but i just found the plugin and i'm 57 pages behind

kiwi1342

Portal Member
    May 27, 2010
    pls some one help me. I installed this plugin but I can't make it working. I installed DVDFab (is this correct??): I configured (I think correctly) the plugin but it keeps analazying the disc and when I close MP I see DVD open in background. please help me!

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    unfortunately, I think this plugin is dead. several of us have asked for improvements, changes, and nothing has occurred. No sorce code is available. I have asked the owner for a copy of the source code, but that has not happened either. So no one can get to the source to take over the project, and the owner is missing in action from what I can tell (at least on this thread).

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I currently have my Bluray movies in a folder named HD-ISO and DVD movies in a folder named DVD-Filmer like this:

\\"servername"\media\movies\DVD-Filmer
    \\"servername"\media\movies\HD-ISO

Is it possible to set up mediaslayer to rip DVDs to the DVD folder and Bluays to the HD-ISO folder?

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    Ok, with RC4, and teh 1.5 version of this plugin, it does not work correctly any longer. I have the option selected to store the movie in its own folder, but it is not doing that. I have tried different skins, and same result.

Is it possible to get some support on this any more?

and version 1.4 does not work on rc4 at all....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom