MediaSlayer - CD and DVD HD ripping tool (4 Viewers)

Mencoder - working or not

• Yep, all is fine

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • No and I'm frustrated

Votes: 65 69.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ragendorf

Portal Pro
March 24, 2008
Braunschweig
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: MediaSlayer - CD and DVD HD ripping tool

Hey Guys,

the Plugin is not dead, but it´s Summer and Manfred is on Coding-Vacation.

Please be patient. :D

Best regards

--Jens--

moab

Portal Pro
April 22, 2008
California
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Is it possible to make this work on the last stable release??? I don't like using the SVN's because they are not stable.

that is my one big complaint about MediaPortal as a whole is that everyone develops to the SVN's and not the stable releases. That right there has probably chased away more users than anything. Even though there are supposed to be no more releases of MP 1, there are still SVN's being done.

By the way, this is an AWESOME plugin. I just hope I can get it to work on the last stable release.

If not, then what is the required stable SVN that is needed. I have spent a couple of days off and on trying different SVN levels hoping to find a good one that does what I need it to do.

or is it always the latest SVN? I can't even install the latest few SVN's because of the $NAME error on install. I am tracking that (those) threads to see if\when that is fixed.

I use MP 1.0.2 which I believe to be the last stable version.
The SVNs are not the latest stable version, they are nightly builds of untested fixes.
That said I still have some what I consider to be minor stability issues. Probably the worst being the freeze ups usually related to DVDs.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: MediaSlayer - CD and DVD HD ripping tool

The SVNs are not the latest stable version, they are nightly builds of untested fixes.
    That said I still have some what I consider to be minor stability issues. Probably the worst being the freeze ups usually related to DVDs.

The last stable version is MP 1.1.0 RC6 - more stable than anything before.
    It´s really annoying sometimes that a lot of users still run 1.0.2 and complain about plugins not working because they were compiled against the latest DLLs of the actual version....

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Is it possible to run install this plugin twice on the same compuer?

schuess

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 12, 2008
    St. Louis, MO, USA
    Home Country
    I have DVD fab, however my install format is in a .exe, so i find myself in a pickel because i need to point media slayer to a .iso of DVDFab. Is there anyway to turn my installation files or .exe into a .iso file so i can use it with Media SLayer?

Thanks
    schuess

moab

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2008
    California
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Re: MediaSlayer - CD and DVD HD ripping tool

The last stable version is MP 1.1.0 RC6 - more stable than anything before.
    It´s really annoying sometimes that a lot of users still run 1.0.2 and complain about plugins not working because they were compiled against the latest DLLs of the actual version....

Agreed. Would it be possible for the plugins install package to verify the correct MP version is installed first, or to be really sure verify that the DLLs are the correct version? That way it would be fail safe for the low tech users and it reduce the support burden.

bullrin

Portal Pro
    July 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    sry for asking, but which Ripper Software is recommended? I have nothing in the Dropdown box in MediaSlayer Options->DVD

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: MediaSlayer - CD and DVD HD ripping tool

Hi,

maybe I am just too stupid - but I do not find the 1.5 beta version; the 1.4 does not work, and wherever I search, I just get 1.4 or "file not found".

Thanks! Alfred

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom