MediaSlayer - CD and DVD HD ripping tool (2 Viewers)

Mencoder - working or not

• Yep, all is fine

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • No and I'm frustrated

Votes: 65 69.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    sry for asking, but which Ripper Software is recommended? I have nothing in the Dropdown box in MediaSlayer Options->DVD

Personally I've been using AnyDVD. Don't know if there is anything that's recomended in pericular though.

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AnyDVD ain't a ripper software, but a driver for your dvd-drive.

A typical ripper would be MEncoder, which does work all right for me. It's for free and pretty good. Look at the first post on how to get and install it.

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: Re: MediaSlayer - CD and DVD HD ripping tool

Hi

Is it possible to add the Album Artist tag when ripping?

My music collection in MP is organised by album artist.

Sorry if this has been asked or answered but i just found the plugin and i'm 57 pages behind

Hi, late answer (as I just did see it), but maybe it still helps: Did you try MpTagThat? For me a perfect and fast tool to adjust all your tags after ripping.

Alfred

WindsorTheater

Portal Pro
    October 1, 2009
    Any reason why Mediaslayer is ripping to my video library folder (windows 7) vs the specified directory?

I verified the xml config has the correct directory. It's an external USB drive f:. Could that be why?

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    AnyDVD ain't a ripper software, but a driver for your dvd-drive.

A typical ripper would be MEncoder, which does work all right for me. It's for free and pretty good. Look at the first post on how to get and install it.

Ok, internal riper with AnyDVD for breaking the code then.

redhat66

Portal Member
    October 10, 2008
    I'm using AnyDVD and the internal ripper and it seems to work well. Just looking for the VIDEO_TS folder. Cannot get MP 1.1 to read the ISO under FabDVD. One problem, for some reason there are subtitles. Is there any way I can turn them off? Subtitles are not enabled and not sure what is going on.

Using FabDVD and a full ISO would be better if anyone has any suggestions.

stefanr

May 1, 2010
    AW: MediaSlayer - CD and DVD HD ripping tool

Hi there
    I have an issue in DVD ripping. After analyzing the disc mediaslayer throws a DVDRip-exception. Please see log for details.

I'm running Win 7 x64 and the latest MP, MS and mencoder.
    Any help is much appreciated.
    cheers

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Re: AW: MediaSlayer - CD and DVD HD ripping tool

Hi there
    I have an issue in DVD ripping. After analyzing the disc mediaslayer throws a DVDRip-exception. Please see log for details.

I'm running Win 7 x64 and the latest MP, MS and mencoder.
    Any help is much appreciated.
    cheers

New mencoder version may have changed output layout and thus plugin does not work anymore. I'll try to find some time to check this.

BADBUG101

January 3, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Need help getting dvd on to movie files on hd, so they can be played on hd, from mediaportal... Very new to this.

Have tryed for a year now to setup a htpc, with no luck, have tryed so may htpc software, but love this one, worked first try...

Now need help getting movies on play list.. I do have dvdfab love that program...

badbug

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: MediaSlayer - CD and DVD HD ripping tool

I do have dvdfab love that program...
    That means you want to use dvdfab to rip your movies to HD? If yes, your question in fact is on the wrong place, as MediaSlayer is another ripping tool to be used INSIDE MP.
    Now need help getting movies on play list..
    No matter which ripping program you use: Just rip your movies to any place on your HD (I prefer having each movie in one folder below one main folder "Movies") and tell MediaPortal (MP) where your movies are located (MP Configuration -> Videos -> Video Folders -> Add <your main folder>).

Thats it!

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom