MediaSlayer - CD and DVD HD ripping tool (6 Viewers)

Mencoder - working or not

• Yep, all is fine

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • No and I'm frustrated

Votes: 65 69.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Will there be a version of this excellent plugin with support for MediaPortal 1.2.0 Beta?

:D

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    how is the next version coming along? What all improvement suggestions are being implemented?

thanks for any update.

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi there
    I have an issue in DVD ripping. After analyzing the disc mediaslayer throws a DVDRip-exception. Please see log for details.

I'm running Win 7 x64 and the latest MP, MS and mencoder.
    Any help is much appreciated.
    cheers

I have a fix for this and next version will be released when MP1.2.0beta is out.

Will there be a version of this excellent plugin with support for MediaPortal 1.2.0 Beta?

:D

Yes

how is the next version coming along? What all improvement suggestions are being implemented?

thanks for any update.

Only some bug fixes included and compatibility for MP1.2.0.

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    Can I help out with implementing some features? Or get a copy of the code to work with and see what I can come up with on my own?

thanks

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi, awesome plugin!

But I have a question. On the MP wiki you can read that after the release of MP 1.2.0 beta, the MP burner plugin is no longer included.
    You can read that info here:

Burner - MediaPortal Wiki

Also they said: 1.2.0 beta: the Burner plugin is no longer included in MediaPortal. If you wish to burn files to optical media, you may use the Media Slayer plugin.

But i can't burn with the newest version of mediaslayer. So, when comes the version of mediaslayer wich can burn?

Grtz

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi, awesome plugin!

But I have a question. On the MP wiki you can read that after the release of MP 1.2.0 beta, the MP burner plugin is no longer included.
    You can read that info here:

Burner - MediaPortal Wiki

Also they said: 1.2.0 beta: the Burner plugin is no longer included in MediaPortal. If you wish to burn files to optical media, you may use the Media Slayer plugin.

But i can't burn with the newest version of mediaslayer. So, when comes the version of mediaslayer wich can burn?

Grtz

Anyone???

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    MediaSlayer is not capable of burning discs and there has never been a such promise. I don't know where this information is coming from but certainly it is not true.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Maybe someone would take on the task to create a plugin that burns cd's and dvd's, but is anyone actually doing this from a HTPC? I'm only asking out of interest, because I would do that from my main PC myself :)

vurtua1

Portal Member
    July 31, 2010
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, I have tried and tried tonight, but I can't get MediaSlayer to do anything. I don't want to use it for ripping DVDs, as I like the flexibility I get from DVD Shrink to rip bits, so all I'm intending to use it for is CD ripping. As such, I presume I dont need AnyDVD or anything like that. I have (I think) got mplayer and mencoder - think main zip file from that sourceforge is ffmeg, which doesn't seem to help, but scouting around I found a mplayer and mencoder file for athlon (as I have an AMD processer/motherboard) which I've unzipped and placed in C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\Mediaportal\mplayer. I load a CD, dialogue pops up saying "Rip Disc [YES]/[NO]" I click [YES] and nothing happens! I have set the folder for it to import to, what else should I do?

:sorry:

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    all the mencoder\mplayer stuff is for DVD.

can you post your log files? screenshots? kinda hard to help without seeing anything. Screen shots of your config screens would be real helpful.

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom