MediaSlayer - CD and DVD HD ripping tool (6 Viewers)

Mencoder - working or not

• Yep, all is fine

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • No and I'm frustrated

Votes: 65 69.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi,

Is there any way to use MediaSlayer with a local CDDB, for a Music only media portal which will not be network connected?

Greez SSAL

I think that there is no way to change the address for music database like there is for movies. This plugin is using core components and therefore I can't change that without recoding a lot.

There is now updated version on first post with poll - vote now or be :confused: when next version is out.

Other thing bothers me. About 90 downloads and no comments for Mpeg4 part?!? It can't be so good... or nobody uses it. Am I wasting my time on this? Anyway, this fits now perfectly for my purposes so development can be slow from now on.

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    New version with more settings in advanced GUI. Just a quick update before vacation - have a nice summer!

ThaClown

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    May 28, 2006
    Den Bosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This works great! (V3.5.4.0)
    My tips:

For a good DVD-rip with menu's and subs for Media Portal:
    - Mode > ISO > "Read"

Keep Media Portal on top during ripping:
    - Options > check "Minimize To System Tray"

No splitting:
    - Tools > Settings > ISO read mode > select "file splitting: NONE"

No autoplay for CD and DVD:
    - Disable autostart for the DVD and virtual drive in windows.

One question I have:
    When a movies is 2 DVD's and ripped in ISO mode, this plugin wants to override the IMDB file.
    Is there any way to get The Godfather DVD1.ISO and The Godfather DVD2.ISO with this plugin?
    So that Media Portal sees the two rips as one movie...

ThaClown

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    May 28, 2006
    Den Bosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I am doing something wrong? I notice that ripped DVD's (Full Disk Mode) do not have any OSD info when i press 'i' during playback...
    In the Movie selectionscreen it has the IMDB info.
    When Deamon is loading the .ISO I lose the info, how do I stopt this?

My other DVD rips (not via this plugin) do have OSD info but I ripped them to .VOB in a Video.TS folder....
    This seems to work better, is there any way to rip to .VOB's with this plugin?

SirShagsalot

Portal Member
    December 17, 2007
    Planet Earth
    Home Country
    Hi,

> I think that there is no way to change the address for music database like there is for movies.
    > This plugin is using core components and therefore I can't change that without recoding a lot.

Okay. And I take it the core has the CDDB address hardcoded?

I do like the changes in version 8e BTW, thank you. Cannot say about MPEG4, I only ever rip full movies disks with no changes.

Something I would like to change (but cannot see a way to do unless you are willing to release the source and I recompile the DLL) and not just for this plugin is the Plugin Name that is displayed.

For example, us geeks know MediaSlayer is what we use to rip Disks, I can explain to my GF (which changes sometimes) which menu to use.

But honestly, Media Slayer is so easy and straightforward, if MediaSlayer could be made to read "Rip Disk", so anyone gets it, goes into the simple screen and can rip whatever they want to rip.

And if we could a small button for "Advanced GUI" on the simple page for those of us who know what they are doing to get at the good stuff perfection would be achieved, as far as I am concerened. Right now what you have made is only "ridiculously good"!

Thank you for everything.

Greez SSAL

ThaClown

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    May 28, 2006
    Den Bosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    SirShagsalot: (cool name btw)
    With your Full Movie rips, do you have movie info (OSD) while playing the DVD?
    both of my setups lose movie info when playing rips made by Media Slayer.

Also when I ripped a movie, the database links to the folder where the .vob's are.. and the rip wont play on both my setups.
    I think it should link to the first .vob (e.g. Video_1_1.vob)

SirShagsalot

Portal Member
    December 17, 2007
    Planet Earth
    Home Country
    Hi,

Sorry to seem dumb, OSD Movie Info? You mean IMDB stuff?

No idea, never looked, never cared. I think some movies come up with all the jabber when I press I, some come with a blank screen and I have no idea which where downloaded or ripped.

As long as the movie plays the GF is happy (means I am too). So far all rips seem to play, but since a few days all my downloaded Anime avi's no longer play, no problems with full DVD's.

TBH, my own tastes in movies are far enough off the wall that I have to buy the disks anyway, rentals/borrowed is rare. But the Girls are constantly swapping their disks with all sorts of stuff I avoid, like Bollywood Movies, Nigerian imports (or pirated) and stuff, however little if any of it is on IMDB.

So I guess I'm the wrong person to ask.

I'm just trying to set myself up a Music Only box based on MP, for my music system. No videos or movies on that one. Tougher than it seems...

Greez SSAL

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom