MediaSlayer - CD and DVD HD ripping tool (2 Viewers)

Mencoder - working or not

• Yep, all is fine

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • No and I'm frustrated

Votes: 65 69.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Maybe someone would take on the task to create a plugin that burns cd's and dvd's, but is anyone actually doing this from a HTPC? I'm only asking out of interest, because I would do that from my main PC myself :)
    I have been sorely missing myBurner for years. Of course I can burn CDs from another PC, or even on the HTPC using other software, but the convenience of being able to burn a CD through the 10' interface from the MP Music module, without needing a keyboard was so much easier than using anything else that I really miss it!

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But you guys probably know that Windows Media Player allows easy audio CD (including mp3) burning, do you? :D

Which doesn't mean that I recommend using it. I simply wanted to remind you that this can be done out-of-the-box without the need for external tools.

Last edited:

Entdecker

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I say it reluctantly, to burn a CD/BD is only the last was I mist in my Media Center and it will be grad when his disire will be reality, because I hate to change the programm:)

In 2012 I try to use the Plugin "CD Burner" unfortunately the plug will never works of my HTPC.

When someone will develop I will help with pleasure to test the plugin.

Would anyone looking over Media Slayer maybe he will look over the problem, that Media Slayer will not get CD Cover when you ripp a CD (see #730)

microfast

Portal Pro
    February 13, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi to everybody, I have just tried to rip a cd audio using Mediaslayer and with the last MP release ( 1.24 and 1.25 ) it doesn't work anymore returning a "irrecoverable error"; however it still works well with dvd and blu ray disc.
    I do know that this is a very dated plugins but can be that it isn't a big work to fix it again.

Thanks and regards
    Marco

Musikliebhaber

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2012
    Köln
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all,

@-Manfred- ;@all of the MediaPortal Community !!! I can confirm this problem from microfast too :(

Unfortunaly the developer of the plugin has not been active in the forum for some time.
    Because we have used the program with great pleasure we would like to support the continuation of the program

Please can one of the Persons whis programming skils help us to fix the error im the plugin " MediaSlayer" unfortunaly I have no programming skils to fix the problem in "Media Slayer" plugin?
    • "irrecoverable error" from post (->#737)
    • No CD cover after I had rip a CD s (-> #730)
    If someone Person from the MediaPortal Commuity programmer and would like to help us with "Media Slayer" plugin. Please send us a message with your ideas for an "expense allowance/Donation", if you can imagine revising the plugin so that the "MediaSlayer" plugin is reusable again for all MediaPortal user!

We would like to make a donation to help maintain the plugin!:) Maybe there are other MediaPortal users too who would like to keep the plugin alive and donate for this too.

Last edited:

Musikliebhaber

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2012
    Köln
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Today I tried again to understand the error of the "MediaSlayer Plugin" better. Here are the results:

- The Media Slayer problem is NOT a MediaPortal 1.25 problem, it is a basic problem of the "Media Slayer Plugin", even under MediaPortal 1.22 the plugin does not work in online mode anymore!

-If the network is switched off or the network cable is disconnected, the tool works without problems, but in this case you won't get any album information. This limits the usage of the plugin.

- As a result, the music database (FreeDB) from which the album information comes is probably a little bit changed in the last time at the query log (API). This leads to the fact that no album information can be retrieved anymore, which causes the well-known error message.

- MediaSlayer uses the (command line) program "CD-Slayer by Carsten Haahr Larsen" for ripping music. To fix the error it would probably be sufficient to change the command line tool "CDSlayer" from the plugin, unless the syntax of the program has changed.

Unfortunately, the program CD Slayer is apparently no longer developed. Unfortunately I could not find an old version of the tool or the source code of the tool on the internet. The old homepage, where the tool was originally supposed to be found, is no longer online (sunbreeze.dk/cms).

Another homepage of "Carsten Haahr Larsen" I have not found.

To update the plugin MediaSlayer, Media Slayer would have to be adapted to another ripping tool or the program "CD-Slayer" would have to be decompiled and updated.

Maybe some person will found more information to fix the problem.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom