MediaSlayer - CD and DVD HD ripping tool (1 Viewer)

Mencoder - working or not

• Yep, all is fine

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • No and I'm frustrated

Votes: 65 69.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

z3r0_burn

Portal Member
December 8, 2008
Minneapolis, MN, USA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
sorry for the double post the forums software said it didnt post then first time i clicked reply...

gurken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    just for the info: the latest version 1.6.1 has a false file ending (mpei instead mpe1)

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Manfred,

Did you ever release the source code for MediaSlayer?

It might be above my pay grade but I'd like to try and make the plugin compatible with Deda's "MyVideos rework for 1.3" test builds.

Currently with 1.6.1 I get a broken/ incompatible message when entering the plugin section of MP Config.

Cheers,

Wo0zy

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi Manfred,

Guess real life as taken over. Fair enough. I just want to thank you for your work on this plugin and elsewhere.

If you do get around to reading this thread in the future please do consider publishing the source code.

I'm sure a few people would like to pick it up and run with it. Of course if there's reasons why you can't then i fully respect that.

All the best,

Mick

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    AW: MediaSlayer - CD and DVD HD ripping tool

someone please answer my question?

what i have to do that i can receive covers again?
    MANFRED > "MP core (BASS maybe) needs to be updated"
    what does this mean?

Please do search, look open issues at Mantis etc. This was a core problem which is now fixed in 1.2.3.

just for the info: the latest version 1.6.1 has a false file ending (mpei instead mpe1)

Don't know why it is like that in download section. Have to check extension again when updating plugin for 1.3.0.

Hi Manfred,

Guess real life as taken over. Fair enough. I just want to thank you for your work on this plugin and elsewhere.

If you do get around to reading this thread in the future please do consider publishing the source code.

I'm sure a few people would like to pick it up and run with it. Of course if there's reasons why you can't then i fully respect that.

All the best,

Mick

I will update this plugin when first 1.3.0 beta is out. There might be whatever changes coming to core still that needs to be adjusted in plugin side and doing that several times is not very tempting. Next you might ask why this kind of approach? Well... spending uncountable number of hours with this plugin already and people will not even vote after downloading and using this is not very motivating. We do not get paid when doing these things here.

And yes I have given out sources when someone asked it to help out but never got anything back - no fixes, new feature implementation, feedback, nothing. So do you still want to help fixing this issue :)

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    I will update this plugin when first 1.3.0 beta is out. There might be whatever changes coming to core still that needs to be adjusted in plugin side and doing that several times is not very tempting. Next you might ask why this kind of approach? Well... spending uncountable number of hours with this plugin already and people will not even vote after downloading and using this is not very motivating. We do not get paid when doing these things here.

And yes I have given out sources when someone asked it to help out but never got anything back - no fixes, new feature implementation, feedback, nothing. So do you still want to help fixing this issue :)

Hi Manfred,

Thanks for getting back to me. Much appreciated!

I can fully understand understand your approach! Open source programming can be both rewarding (if not financially :() AND disheartening. Something simple like a "Thank You" or, in this case, taking a small amount of time to vote can make all the difference. The fact that you are willing to keep the installer updated despite the lack of appreciation is admirable and I thank you for this.

I would very much like to try and help if I can although my c# skills are average at best :). However, I have spoken to Deda about what needs to be done to get MSlayer working with his latest build and he is willing to help too so with him on board I'm sure we can achieve something between us.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

All the best,

Mick.

PS Vote added. I usually do but if for some reason I missed MSlayer when I first downloaded it, I'm sorry :(

Benoit LeBlanc

Portal Member
    April 23, 2012
    Montreal, Quebec
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Manfred!

First installed and tried your application yesterday. I have to say, great work. I added a vote. ;) Since I have around 300 dvds I'd like to rip, I was planning to use your plugin a lot!

I understand you've decided to stop developing new features?

There's one feature I'd like to see, but i'd be willing to have a look at implementing it myself (I'm an c# programmer though I've never done development on Mediaportal) on my spare time (which is not a lot, since I have a 20-month boy at home) ;).

The feature I would need is the ability to support multiple languages (audio and subtitles).

I can think of 2 ways of doing it:

the "simple" way:

Add an option to extract all audio and subtitle tracks from a DVD when ripping with mencoder (maybe extract as an MKV file?)

The "ok maybe not as simple" way: ;-)

Add the option to use HandBrakeCLI instead of mencoder, letting the user add the required command-line options. Adding the possibility to create "profiles" would also make it possible to support situations like: rip with French and English subtitles, French movies with no subtitles, etc.

As an added bonus, using Handbrake could also allow your plugin to rip Bluray disks (which is something I also want to do).

Have you considered making your code available on google code or another project?

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Manfred, thanks for getting me the source a while back. It was appreciated and I am still trying to FIRST learn c# and then can start working on the plugin more. With 3 kids and all there school activities, I have had no time to learn c#. I am still hoping to be able to help with this plugin, just need to have the time (which has been non-existent for me for quite some time). With school out and summer being a time off of things for my kids, I am hoping to pick this back up. Don't give up on me. At one point this spring, I had 2 kids in track, 2 kids in soccer, 2 kids in softball, and 1 kid in volleyball. I only have 3 kids and their overlapping seasons REALLY sucked....

alexirion

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 8, 2010
    St. Georgen im Schwarzwald
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When trying to install MediaSlayer 1.6.1 with MePo 1.3 Alpha (Extension Installer): A dependency check error appears, that prevents installation of the plugin.
    When will a new version suitable for 1.3 appear?

Kind Regards,
    --Alex

Last edited:

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi Manfred!

I understand you've decided to stop developing new features?

Have you considered making your code available on google code or another project?

Not stopped development totally but as I don't need any more features motivation is not the greatest.

Too lazy to establish anything like that but maybe it is time to put source on thread start. A warning word about it though - it is a mess.

When will a new version suitable for 1.3 appear?

Soon. Almost done with more cover art results for DVDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom