MediaSlayer - CD and DVD HD ripping tool (3 Viewers)

Mencoder - working or not

• Yep, all is fine

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • No and I'm frustrated

Votes: 65 69.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gipro

Portal Member
May 10, 2008
I'm using AnydvdHD and have only tried it on DVD but I do have Bluray reader. If you want me to test with a Bluray disc let me know.

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Not sure if Blu-ray has ever worked and not even mentioning it at first post or plugin repository - couldn't test. It might work with external tools but not with internal iso writer at least. Or prove me wrong :)

alexirion

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 8, 2010
    St. Georgen im Schwarzwald
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    With all earlier versions I tested in the last 2 years, MediaSlayer was working with BDs (internal iso).
    If it will not be supported anymore, I have to go back to MediaPortal before 1.3, because MediaSlayer is a very important plugin for me.
    --Alex

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Guys,

In the previous version BD ISO ripping worked for me using the internal ISO writer. Haven't managed to test with 1.7 yet (won't install due to dependency check error on my build :().

I actually have working code to do recursive folder copying so ripping BD's to folders can also work. Just haven't figured out the backgroundworker thread stuff yet or the best way to provide user feedback :unsure:. Would love to get back to the project but no time atm :(.

@Manfred. How goes the code tidy? Or is your free time a bit limited atm too.

All the best,

Mick.

Last edited:

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I have now tried BD ripping with internal iso file writer and it works. You can try with this dll version which is exact the same I used.

Attachments

• MediaSlayer.zip
      61.7 KB

alexirion

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 8, 2010
    St. Georgen im Schwarzwald
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Manfred,
    BD ripping works again - it was the BD drive, which was broken, not MediaSlayer, sorry! :) ImgBurn could sometimes copy it, maybe its more stable with read errors, while MediaSlayer directly refused the ripping.
    However, there are two issues:
    One has to go to the change label dialog, pressing "No" when asked for it does not start ripping.

I checked the eject disc box option, but after ripping the disc was not ejected and MediaSlayer was not going to the state "Ripping finished", so I had to choose cancel "Ripping" manually, albeit the iso image was sucessfully generated. Maybe the failing disc eject caused this.

But I didn't yet tried your zip file from 06/10 above. I will test it ...
    --Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom