MediaStream by pilehave - upd. 22/08/09 (1 Viewer)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    That did it! Thanks gemx! I noticed though that if your menu item doesnt have a prefix, it doesn't show up when focused. Like "settings" only would not work, but "change" + "settings" would.

Emph

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    That did it! Thanks gemx! I noticed though that if your menu item doesnt have a prefix, it doesn't show up when focused. Like "settings" only would not work, but "change" + "settings" would.

Emph

I'll check what I can do, it's probably something in the menu-generator - or did the problem also show in when using the default myHome.xml on the website?

I would like to work out an option to generate basicHome.xml, but I'm not sure how it should look, there are so many ways to do it :confused:

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    edit: I see that you have an old version of the font(Ø is Ø and so on) in your weather screen..? For the two weeks I used XBMC I got a guy to fix the font for nordic characters, its in recent versions of the original mediastream skin I think.

I downloaded the new version of MediaStrem for XBMC (0.99), and while the included alternative fonts were allright, they differed from the original.

So - I edited the original fonts to work with Caps, fix attached. It includes a new copy of fonts.xml, myHomePlugIns.xml and 3 new fonts.

To fix the problem you should delete the fonts included in my skin from the font-folder and overwrite the two XML-files with the new ones.

The skin-package for download has also been updated.

UPDATED FONT-FIX: View attachment 29307

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    if i press Left on the remotye the screen go kind of black, i then have to use my mouse to get back to somthing i can see and navigate.
    Also the topbar is missing in Mymenu there i cant close the app or go to top, i have to select like settings and press UP to see the topbar and close MP
    (like Balck.jpg lets say the mouse it all the way at top, or i have press remote up.. = no topbar, no close bottons)

My trailers
    MY Youtube

i have them, thy are installed.
    but i have no ID's for them ??
    How do i find IDs for them??

"Here's a list of the most common Window-ID's"
    from your webpage, but it has not my other plugins listet.
    so i can use them??

Size seem not to fit?? im on a 1280x720, as you also can see on my screenshots. thy are 1280x720.

Thanks, this skinn is great, i will use it, its way more nice then any other out there now.
    and i can live whit the bugs :)
    :D

i have attached 2 screenshots..

Attachments

• size-dont-fit.jpg
      size-dont-fit.jpg
      105.4 KB
    • black.jpg
      black.jpg
      17.4 KB

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Plugins are often listed as "plugin".xml or my"plugin".xml. Open it with notepad. The ID is listed at the top inside the xml.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    if i press Left on the remotye the screen go kind of black, i then have to use my mouse to get back to somthing i can see and navigate.
    Also the topbar is missing in Mymenu there i cant close the app or go to top, i have to select like settings and press UP to see the topbar and close MP
    (like Balck.jpg lets say the mouse it all the way at top, or i have press remote up.. = no topbar, no close bottons)

Size seem not to fit?? im on a 1280x720, as you also can see on my screenshots. thy are 1280x720.

The menu generator now hides the standard-menu, which was the one that got focus before, so the screen went black. If you want to edit your myHome.xml you should change

Code:
    <onright>13</onright>

to

Code:
    <visible>no</visible>
    <onright>50</onright>

I'll fix the top-bar so that a left keypress (or remote) on the home screen will bring up the top-bar.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    edit: I see that you have an old version of the font(Ø is Ø and so on) in your weather screen..? For the two weeks I used XBMC I got a guy to fix the font for nordic characters, its in recent versions of the original mediastream skin I think.

I downloaded the new version of MediaStrem for XBMC (0.99), and while the included alternative fonts were allright, they differed from the original.

So - I edited the original fonts to work with Caps, fix attached. It includes a new copy of fonts.xml, myHomePlugIns.xml and 3 new fonts.

To fix the problem you should delete the fonts included in my skin from the font-folder and overwrite the two XML-files with the new ones.

The skin-package for download has also been updated.

UPDATED FONT-FIX: View attachment 29307

But your xml-generator doesn't always cope with åäö or ÅÄÖ. I had to manually edit the menu items. No biggie though. I've had no issues with the fonts in as far as I've looked this far. Great effort. Really made my day.

Emph

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    ill make new myhome.xml.. you are saying the generator will now hide the standard menu.. weeeeee

another thing: mediastream-generator
    Works NOT in IE7

Works in Firefox all except move Up and down

Thanks so much bro. love the skin :)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    ill make new myhome.xml.. you are saying the generator will now hide the standard menu.. weeeeee

another thing: mediastream-generator
    Works NOT in IE7

Works in Firefox all except move Up and down

Thanks so much bro. love the skin :)

Yes, the menu-generator was updated. I should have written somewhere that up/down/remove buttons doesn't work yet, I'll probably fix the code tomorrow evening though :)

I'll check the problems with IE7 at the same time.

@emphatic: On my local server I added a server-conversion between ISO-8859-1 and UTF-8, but I can see what you mean, it should convert to usable characters automatically, but it doesn't. I'll also deal with that tomorrow.

It is supposed to covert æ, ø, å, ä and other letters to UTF-8...
    :oops:

EDIT: Well, I just checked, and the iconv function is available on the server and it looks like it coverts correctly. The text in the XML-file is supposed to look like garbage - you know, stuff like "åäö OR ÅÄÖ" but perhaps I should make the output to the generator in ISO-8859-1 so you can tell what you actually entered :D

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Plugins are often listed as "plugin".xml or my"plugin".xml. Open it with notepad. The ID is listed at the top inside the xml.

i do not have a file called this, in any folder, did a compleat search for: plugin on C drive :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom