grassynoel

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 6, 2006
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Change log for 7-11-06

Me-po change log for 7-11-06

Missing cover art character added to 4:3 and 16:9 versions of Green, Grey & Black.
    Common waiting animation revised in 4:3 and 16:9 versions of Green, Grey & Black.
    OSD bits colour corrected in 4:3 and 16:9 versions of Grey & Black.
    'Basic Home" text removed from all versions.
    MePo Black 16:9 background corrected so MePo is standing on the ground again.

Naturally the updated zips are found at the start of this thread :)
    Cheers.
    MePo's dad.

grassynoel

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 6, 2006
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Hi Glenn,

if you will make animated hovers in the normal homescreen, we have now also the posssibility for this.

For using animations for the hovers, you must also make a animation.xml. Important is that the animation.xml has the same name as the normal hover.png. For example:
    If you will do a animation for mymusic.
    You must do a animaton.xml with the name hover_my music.xml instead of the hover_my music.png.
    You must store then the new animation.xml in the Mediafolder, thats important, because mp search with the new homegui in the mediafolder to a file with the hovername and use then what is found. In this example for the mymusichover it will use the hover_my music.xml.
    The original hover_my music.png must be deleted in the mediafolder for this.

You can use with new engine xml, png, bmp and gif.

Hey Harley, does this only apply to the SVN build or to the 0.2.1.0 build that I'm using? I haven't been able to get your steps to work. Is there a syntax to the animation.xml that I need to know about? I started with the animation from Blue two's logo followed your steps but the page is blank when i get there..

Any advice would be appreciated.

Glenn

Jetboy

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Glenn!

I tried your green skin for the first time yesterday, it's really cool. A bit Tim Burton-esque but still very clean. I found a few things that looked out of place, though.
    1. The "rec" icon that appears in all screens while recording tv is in Arial. It would be cool if you could make a new red dot too, to fit the general feel of the skin.
    2. In music playlists, the list seems taken from BlueTwo. The green cursor looks out of place.

It would be cool if you could get those things updated to match your cool skin.

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Glenn,

..Problem at the moment is that with the new animationstuff the animation.xml things are broken.

So at the moment we can not use it, hope it will be fixed.

Greetings Harley

Fidoboy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2006
    Spain
    Great work with this funny skin. There is a small bug with the name of the resource "hover_my tetris.png" in the Media folder, the correct name should be "hover_tetris.png" that way it works fine.

Regards,

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Great work with this funny skin. There is a small bug with the name of the resource "hover_my tetris.png" in the Media folder, the correct name should be "hover_tetris.png" that way it works fine.

Regards,

A work around fix is just to rename the file to match the XML

grassynoel

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 6, 2006
    Melbourne
    Home Country

Regards,

Is this another SVN thing?? Not sure.

That being said, I have modified MePo Green, black and Gray (in 4:3 only) to work with the latest SVN. i will add the links to the first post. I don't have the SVN here to test them out so any inconsistencies that aren't legacy from Blue Two, let me know :)

Glenn

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Wow! Just played around with MePo black - SVN, and I absolute LOVE IT!

Could perhaps fade-in the MePo's in (My) TV, Movies etc.?

Anyway:GREAT WORK!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom