MePo Tools - Download ClearArt/CDArt/ClearLogos, Music Video clips and more! (3 Viewers)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The difference lies in the file name format, fakecd creates disc images in the default file-naming format for disc art. The same default filename format that is used by mepo tools. You might be either running a custom renaming format or using a skin that doesn't conform to our naming convention. dvdart plugin uses a different renaming format, so maybe you are coming from that plugin or a skin that is designed for that plugin.

Find a discart image that is displayed and post the filename + filelocation. Then do the same thing for a discart image that is not displayed. Delete all your old discart if coming from dvdart plugin.

Last edited:

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes you are right, I'm using dvdart and streamedmp skin with streamedmp mod.

Find a discart image that is displayed and post the filename + filelocation. Then do the same thing for a discart image that is not displayed. Delete all your old discart if coming from dvdart plugin.

When I get home, I will take a look and post it here.
    Do I have to deinstall dvdart plugin? I think I will get the problem again when it is installed. Disabeling the plugin didn't take affect.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You are still using the disc art from dvdart plugin. You are not using any disc images from mepotools or fakecd.

- You need to change to a skin mod that supports mepotools file name format.
    - or alter skin so that it uses the filenaming format that mepo tools uses
    - or setup a bulk renaming system and copy the mepo tools images to a seperate folder then bulk rename them then move them to the dvdart thumb folder.[DOUBLEPOST=1375946399][/DOUBLEPOST]If it is just a different directory then it's easy :) just copy + paste.

EDIT:

I just remembered in mepo tools you can change the filename format, i can't remember but i'm pretty sure I wrote fakecd so that it would use the same format that you had set in mepotools. PROBLEM SOLVED :p

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No idea, I don't actually use disc art lol, i just made the fakecd for other people :p ummm Avallance & Avallance addict + some others i guess.

PS. I just remembered in mepo tools you can change the filename format, i can't remember but i'm pretty sure I wrote fakecd so that it would use the same format that you had set in mepotools.[DOUBLEPOST=1375947063][/DOUBLEPOST]btw:

Jameson is redoing the music side of mediaportal and it will support inbuilt DLing of music disc art, however it uses a 3rd filenaming/foldernaming format :p go figure :p[DOUBLEPOST=1375947224][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Which mod is using the MePo filenaming?
    This information should be in the OP...

PPS. If you can give me a list of filenaming formats & mods I can add to the first post :p

Last edited:

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Kiwijunglist you are right, the images are in a other folder, I had only to remove into the dvdart folder. Maybe you could implement it in fakecd?
    The directories should be like in the attachement movies.jpg. The specific images have to be in the folder C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\MovingPictures\ClearArt, C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\MovingPictures\ClearLogo and C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\MovingPictures\DVDart but twice, one in the each subfolder FullSize and one in Thumbs for movies. For music they have to be only directly in the folder C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Music\cdArtt and C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Music\clearArt without subfolder (see attachement music.jpg).
    For users who don't know how to write his own program to move the files into the right folder,like me, would be the best to implement it in fakecd.cmd. I guess that there are more DVDart users who would be happy. Or has someone a better suggestion.

I noticed that fakecd didn't find all backdrops and could not create a fakecd. I think it is because of renaming the movie title afterwards in movpic config after the import. The backdrop filename was created with the imported "imdb name" so fakecd can't find it.

Attachments

• movies.jpg
      movies.jpg
      66.8 KB
    • music.jpg
      music.jpg
      61 KB
    Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Under MePo Tools settings you can set the folder used to save the files. If it is only the folder that is required to be changed, then this can be just be changed in settings.

I noticed that fakecd didn't find all backdrops and could not create a fakecd. I think it is because of renaming the movie title afterwards in movpic config after the import. The backdrop filename was created with the imported "imdb name" so fakecd can't find it.

Can you confirm this for me? Goto fakecd.log (I think it is under files subdir) and see if the fanart background image name in the log points to a non existent file.

Last edited:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I'm back in the air. Just got off the train. What's new? What should I fix?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom