MePo Tools - Download ClearArt/CDArt/ClearLogos, Music Video clips and more! (5 Viewers)

mrbonsen

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • December 6, 2008
    Brensbach (HE) ehemals Görlitz
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi @ajs
    There is the possibility to install the following option ?
    - Size of the movie/series/music ect. cdart, instead of 1000x1000 of 800 or 600 or 400 ;) and dpi 72.

Saves a lot of space because thumb folder grows in immeasurable :(
    Representation of the cdart in the skins is never so large (1000x1000) :)

Change in the fakecd.cmd by editing is not enough. have tried :cry:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Size of the movie/series/music ect. cdart, instead of 1000x1000 of 800 or 600 or 400 ;) and dpi 72.
    Utility retrieves information from the site without changes, ie as it is. Size reduction is possible, but quality suffers. I tried I did not like.
    Change in the fakecd.cmd by editing is not enough. have tried
    This is only for images of disks that make from the current backdrops (Fake CD image).

mrbonsen

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • December 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Utility retrieves information from the site without changes, ie as it is. Size reduction is possible, but quality suffers. I tried I did not like.
    ok (y)
    From 1000x1000 to 600x600 will normally be better quality :sleep:
    Skin representation is also not so great or larger than 600. But no matter ;)
    Had manually reduced everything (stack processing)

This is only for images of disks that make from the current backdrops (Fake CD image).
    Also ok, are the least anyway

Last edited:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine

mrbonsen

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • December 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'll try the other methods, but not sure. That's what I tried to spoil the picture. The more that online images in different formats, though with one extension (PNG) ... Which leads to errors and damage to the image.
    No idea what happened. (n)
    If I reduce the cdart to z.b 600x600 (of 1000x1000) I see no quality loss, on the contrary. . .
    With fakecd already works with me. Edited in the fakecd.cmd
    But, this is the smallest share of cdart.
    Ahso, i take cover path for fakecd ;)

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I used to have size issues with Thumbs folder on 40GB SSD, so I wrote a little batch file that would resample all artwork, went from 20GB to 6GB on thumbs folder without me visually being able to know the difference. Main culprit for me was old MovPic version getting 50MB covers though.

Still batch file worked, and I made it available on the MP-TVSeries and Moving-Pictures forum threads if you search for it. It is easy to adjust to include clipart.

mrbonsen

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • December 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The amount of thumbs movpic / series / music in the form of cdart, clearart, tvseries banner ect. ect. is already huge.
    Always these thumbs are also in the resolution much too large as the skin admits.
    With png format this is very fast many GB.
    Therefore my idea ;)

Since my collection remains relatively stable, I have brought all of these png in a good resolution which go only minimally beyond the skin requirements.
    Well secured is then little work with update or reinstall. (y)

Even with my 4K skin (converts) I save a lot of GB on SSD
    Apropos, when is there first original 4k skin ? :sleep:
    Straightened 1920 to 3840 skin looks very bad. :sneaky: Worse than before the change from 1280 to 1920

The hover image with 3840 I have something tricks. A png has about 10-11mb and a jpg ca 4-5 mb.
    Da mp only png as hover indicates I saved as jpg from fotoprogramm and then ending in png renamed.
    Now mp shows the image. Thus half saved to mb on ssd

sorry . . . google translator :D

Last edited:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I used to have size issues with Thumbs folder on 40GB SSD
    I store all Thumbs on NAS, So it is more convenient and easier. One store for all customers.
    ok, no probs !
    I tried, in some pictures the alpha channel disappears. Others are transformed with errors. I do not really want to load this utility. I can add a call to an external handler, and then everyone will be able to write for themselves what is convenient and their settings. But I need to know for what types it needs to be done. And what parameters for the handler should be passed.
    Like: bla-bla-bla\convert bla-bla-bla\clearart\music\abba.png -resize 50% bla-bla-bla\clearart\music\abba.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom