MePo Tools - Download ClearArt/CDArt/ClearLogos, Music Video clips and more! (3 Viewers)

mrbonsen

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • December 6, 2008
    Brensbach (HE) ehemals Görlitz
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried, in some pictures the alpha channel disappears. Others are transformed with errors. I do not really want to load this utility. I can add a call to an external handler, and then everyone will be able to write for themselves what is convenient and their settings. But I need to know for what types it needs to be done. And what parameters for the handler should be passed.
    Like: bla-bla-bla\convert bla-bla-bla\clearart\music\abba.png -resize 50% bla-bla-bla\clearart\music\abba.png
    Is ok @ajs , the expenditure is then too high for the programmer. ;)
    Since each user must help themselves (n)

расходы слишком высоки.
    потому что каждый должен помочь себе :ROFLMAO:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    the expenditure is then too high for the programmer
    Not really. Just to make it right and beautiful. I need to add a lot of libraries to work with images. Then you need to analyze each picture, whether there is an alpha channel, what type it has, etc. etc. Then convert and resize. This will complicate the utility. But calling an external handler, in general, will not affect anything.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Like: bla-bla-bla\convert bla-bla-bla\clearart\music\abba.png -resize 50% bla-bla-bla\clearart\music\abba.png

That is how the tool (nconvert) I used in my script works.

Original post @ Reduce storage size of 'thumbs' folder (MovPic + TVSeries)

Feel free to download the ZIP file, and examine the basic batch file with the command line I use.

The way I wrote it was by using size thresholds, and used:

Code:
    nconvert.exe -quiet -out jpeg -ratio -resize 0 1080 -q 85 -rmeta -rflag decr -opthuff "%TMP%\MovPic.png" > nul

To first reduce the image, but then if it failed to become 350kB or less, I would use:

Code:
    nconvert.exe -quiet -out jpeg -ratio -resize 0 1080 -q 70 -rmeta -rflag decr -opthuff "%TMP%\MovPic.png" > nul

If that failed I would try:

Code:
    nconvert.exe -quiet -out jpeg -ratio -resize 0 960 -q 60 -soften 30 -rmeta -rflag decr -opthuff "%TMP%\MovPic.png" > nul

And then finally just accept that result, but add warning to log file if it still failed to get below the configured threshold.

The usage of MovPic.png was a file placeholder, because Moving-Pictures was storing filename in database, so I couldn't change extension to JPG but content conversion was not a problem. In the end the script works for any JPG or PNG file, and keeps the original filename, but it was easier to batch script it with fixed temp name for the conversion processing step.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Feel free to download the ZIP file, and examine the basic batch file with the command line I use.
    My thumbs folder (on NAS) only 9Gb ... I see no reason to reduce it. Moreover, he is one for all clients.

muellinger

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2009
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Good Morning everyone.
    Today i let MePoTools do an Manual update of fanart etc.
    But it doesn't get any Filesd anymore. Instead of OK it Shows dashes.

upload_2017-8-18_7-48-58.png

Is this a General Issue at the Moment, maybe fanart.tv changed something?

Thanks for your help
    Carsten

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    18-08-2017 16:38:09.047 - Lang: [ru/en] Random [1/1] url: https://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/tv/79168/tvbanner/friends-510fbc9229b9e.jpg
    18-08-2017 16:38:09.047 Fanart.tv [: Banner :] picture for 79168 Друзья (1994)
    18-08-2017 16:38:09.057 Try save fanart.tv Banner picture to: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\TVSeries\SeriesBanner\79168.png
    18-08-2017 16:38:09.057 Check saved fanart.tv Banner picture
    18-08-2017 16:38:09.067 -- Delete C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\TVSeries\SeriesBanner\79168.png to recycle bin with result 0.
    18-08-2017 16:38:09.067 Fanart.tv Banner picture saved with errors.
    Pictures save with error :( But picture ok:
    friends-510fbc9229b9e.jpg

Hmmmm...

--
    WBR, ajs

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom