Mepo1 crashes changing refresh rate using Intel Integrated graphics - SOLVED! (1 Viewer)

EditBear

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2012
    Tunbridge Wells
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can someone please take a look at the attached logs. This is driving me insane!
    I have MadVr and LAV set up on same computer in both Mediaportal & MPC-BE which share same LAV & MadVR.

I and can play Blu rays in MPC-BE with refresh rate changing, but in MP1 it crashes all the time, when I try and play the same files or iso's.

I have looked in the log and all I can see is the above error.
    I have used MP1 for many years, but just moved to a new computer as my HTPC.
    I have tried clean install & reloading settings & even re-installing windows, but I cant progress :-(

Any hints much appreciated!

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_19_06_21__23_49.zip
      486 KB

EditBear

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2012
    Tunbridge Wells
    Home Country
    I have narrowed this down to a refresh rate problem.

If I switch off MadVr and use EVR as the renderer, then enable Dynamic Refresh Rate Control,
    the files (mp4, mkv & iso) play for a brief second, as the refresh rate changes & then stop and MPo goes back to menu.

A second press on the file title will then play the movie ok because the intel UHD Graphics 630 refresh rate matches the video file??

I have attached a another set of logs:

I played 3 files 23FPS, 50FPS & 60FPS.

Each time play aborts first time round, then plays ok the second time, after monitor refresh rate matches file FPS?

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_20_06_21__00_22.zip
      499.6 KB

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hm, that is strange.
    At least the D3D error in the logs have nothing todo with it as they are some mishaps when mediaportal is closing down.
    I assume that disabling dyn. refresh rate fixes this problem?

Can you get me a mediaportal.log of a failed and succeeded attempt of plaback of one of those videos where you make sure log-level is set to debug?
    Then I can compare those and hopefully find some kind of fix...

EditBear

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2012
    Tunbridge Wells
    Home Country
    Thank you @doskabouter
    I have attached two logs at debug level as requested.
    The first log shows playing 3 files of 23p, 25i & 29i.
    MP changed the refresh rate to 23, 50 & 24 (reverse telecine of 59) accordingly in each case, before the playback was abandoned after a second.
    Playing the file the second time for each video resulted in successful continuous playback.

The second set of logs are with Dynamic Refresh changer off and each video plays first time around (obviously with no change to monitor frame rate) as you surmised.

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_20_06_21__13_49.zip
      549.2 KB
    • MediaPortalLogs_20_06_21__13_52.zip
      541.9 KB

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks. Still not having log-level=debug I'm afraid... (you can check if "[DEBUG]" is present in the mediaportal.log)
    Will try to see if I can spot some interesting diffs anyway

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hm, I suspect that this is the culprit:
    Main: Audio Renderer AV Receiver (Intel(R) Display Audio) connected
    just before g_player.onstopped()
    Can it be that in the new setup, the audio device is (dis)connected at refresh rate changes?
    Don't quite know the deep implications of the various checkboxes on the dyn. refresh config page but perhaps you can see if any combination of them fixes your issue?

EditBear

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2012
    Tunbridge Wells
    Home Country
    Thank you @doskabouter can you explain how I would provide the debug level logs. As you can see from the attached I used the MP Watchdog middle option which refers to debug, which obviously isn't providing the info we need.

I thought it might be the Intel Display and HDMI Audio drivers and have installed the latest from Intel as well as trying the recommended Dell latest drivers but neither have fixed the problem.

Attachments

• Watchdog.JPG
      Watchdog.JPG
      74.3 KB

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    hm, strange. I asked other devs about the watchdog.
    about your issue: I'm a bit at loss here, did you try the various options in the refreshrate changer?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,
    I have memory about Intel drivers cut off audio, etc on DRR :(
    Some drivers are better than other, and maybe it's needed to uncheck the option stop playback when removal audio device settings ?

1624274302943.png

1624274288851.png

EditBear

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2012
    Tunbridge Wells
    Home Country
    We've removed the Audio & Graphics drivers using DDU (in safe mode) then re-installed the drivers in Windows but are still having the same issues. meanwhile MPC-BE is playing all the files perfectly changing refresh rates without a problem using the same LAV filters.

I have tried changing the DDR settings to display when the refresh rate changes, force reset and
    Hi,
    I have memory about Intel drivers cut off audio, etc on DRR :(
    Some drivers are better than other, and maybe it's needed to uncheck the option stop playback when removal audio device settings ?

View attachment 208875

View attachment 208874
    Thank you so much @Sebastiii !!!
    That was it! Turning off the option "Stop playback on removal of an audio renderer" in the start/resume settings sorted the problem :) :)

I didn't even notice that setting was there until you pointed me to it!

I can now play every file at it's correct framerate using either the Mpo frame-rate changer or the frame-rate changer in MadVR.

I had tried many different graphics drivers from Dell & Intel and none sorted this.

There must be quite a few people using integrated graphics. this info will be very useful for them :)

Interesting that MPC-BE has no problem playing the same files with the same LAV filters?
    Maybe something for someone to look at in the future versions of Mediaportal?

Sincere thanks for your help, I was at my wits end.
    I will mark this as SOLVED. Good outcome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom