MERGING MediaPortal Url Source Splitter & IPTV Filter (1 Viewer)

bounguine

Portal Pro
November 7, 2005
St.Petersburg
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
From the log files I can see that I was right. DVBViewer is supplying an SPTS without properly cleaning the SDT. Garbage in => garbage out. ;)
For both the channels MP finds channel "НАШЕ НОВОЕ КИНО" (channel table) and "DANGE TV" (tuningdetail table).
As above: it's the fault of DVBViewer and the way they are supplying the stream.

I would say yes, but look at the picture attached.
VLC knows nothing about DVBViewer problems and produce the correct channels with correct names.

it seems that the decrypt requests are sent by DVBViewer because you include the "tnr" part in the URL
Hmmm....Could you give me a hint how exclude 'tnr' form this DVBViewer link:
http://localhost:7522/upnp/channelstream/2359890715537209425|C+COMEDIA HD (spa).ts

What do you mean "not working"?
MP locks no DVB-C channels.
Parameters are correct, of course.
DVBViewer, SmartDVB and NextPVR do their jobs

Yeah, not supported - sorry. But do you really have more than 4 satellite positions?
Yes, I've been using successfully for many years TVHeadend with 7 Quad LNBs (1W, 5E, 36E, 13E, 19E, 75E, 85E) and I'm planning to add one more sat soon.

Attachments

• VLC_RTSP.jpg
    VLC_RTSP.jpg
    362.6 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I would say yes, but look at the picture attached.
    VLC knows nothing about DVBViewer problems and produce the correct channels with correct names.
    Obviously VLC works completely differently to TV Server. In short, VLC takes the names from the M3U and takes the available video, audio, subtitles PIDs according to your PID filter. It ignores the service description table. TV Server reads the service description table. Therefore for each URL you scan, TV Server will find all the channels in the transponder. It will mark them all with the name from the M3U, and that's where the problem comes from.

I can explain in full, but the explanation is quite long and complex. I guess you probably don't really care about the details - you just want it to work. So, I can suggest a workaround: remove PID 17 from the "pids" parameter so that TV Server doesn't get the service description table. This will force TV Server to work more like VLC. So for your original example...
    #EXTM3U
    #EXTINF:-1,ОТР
    rtsp://localhost:555/?src=1&freq=11881&msys=dvbs&plts=off&fec=34&pol=h&ro=0.35&sr=27500&mtype=qpsk&tnr=1,11881,27500,10750,0,0,9,3,52,51,50,901,0,360,25,0,9,253,-1&pids=0,16,17,18,20,50,51,52

...change the URL from:
    rtsp://localhost:555/?src=1&freq=11881&msys=dvbs&plts=off&fec=34&pol=h&ro=0.35&sr=27500&mtype=qpsk&tnr=1,11881,27500,10750,0,0,9,3,52,51,50,901,0,360,25,0,9,253,-1&pids=0,16,17,18,20,50,51,52

...to...
    rtsp://localhost:555/?src=1&freq=11881&msys=dvbs&plts=off&fec=34&pol=h&ro=0.35&sr=27500&mtype=qpsk&tnr=1,11881,27500,10750,0,0,9,3,52,51,50,901,0,360,25,0,9,253,-1&pids=0,16,18,20,50,51,52

Actually you can also remove PID 16 (network information table - NIT) as well.

Hmmm....Could you give me a hint how exclude 'tnr' form this DVBViewer link:
    http://localhost:7522/upnp/channelstream/2359890715537209425|C+COMEDIA HD (spa).ts
    I was talking about the RTSP URLs. For HTTP, that 2359... number is probably DVBViewer's channel ID. The effect is the same.

MP locks no DVB-C channels.
    Parameters are correct, of course.
    Provide log files showing this and I'll be happy to investigate.

Yes, I've been using successfully for many years TVHeadend with 7 Quad LNBs (1W, 5E, 36E, 13E, 19E, 75E, 85E) and I'm planning to add one more sat soon.
    Okay.

bounguine

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2005
    St.Petersburg
    Home Country
    So, I can suggest a workaround: remove PID 17 from the "pids" parameter
    Upon deleting 17 MP scans the right channels.
    But no watching is possible.
    Even after changing to FTA and after putting the correct networkId in DB (253 instead of scanned 0).
    Logs are attached (trying non-FTA and FTA ways).

Upon deleting both 16 and 17, changing networkId and switching to FTA, the situation is the same.
    start previewing > unknown error > DVBViewer starts broadcasting > second try > previewing window opens, but it's grey (logs are attached) > closing the window> DVBViewer is still broadcasting.
    Just once on a second try I was able to preview the channel (not logged).

Provide log files showing this and I'll be happy to investigate
    As you wish (see the attachment).
    TBS6205 uses the same frequences list as Behold DVB-T(2)/C.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Upon deleting both 16 and 17, changing networkId and switching to FTA, the situation is the same.
    start previewing > unknown error > DVBViewer starts broadcasting > second try > previewing window opens, but it's grey (logs are attached) > closing the window> DVBViewer is still broadcasting.
    Just once on a second try I was able to preview the channel (not logged).
    The unknown error is caused by IPTV filter - remote RTSP server does not respond to filter request within specified timeout (default is 1.5 second). On your second try, RTSP server responds almost immediately. You can specify bigger timeout in MediaPortal IPTV filter and url source splitter plugin - select one or more RTSP urls, scroll to Connection section and change OpenConnectionTimeout parameter. Then save playlist or store changes to database.

The channel is encrypted - at least TV service thinks, that channel is encrypted. If stream is surely FTA, then you can set Set stream as not scrambled in Mpeg2TsParser parameter.

bounguine

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2005
    St.Petersburg
    Home Country
    georgius, I tried what you said.

1. Timeout
    I set OpenConnectionTimeout in Database Editor to 100000.
    No effect.
    I restarted TVServer and now the table for this tab is grey (no records) and there's no way to upload data from db.
    What can I do?

Then I went to Playlist editor and did the same.
    The *.m3u now is unreadable:
    rtsp://localhost####Url=rtsp%3a%2f%2flocalhost%3a555%2f%3fsrc%3d1%26freq%3d11727%26msys%3ddvbs2%26plts%3doff%26fec%3d34%26pol%3dh%26ro%3d0.35%26sr%3d27500%26mtype%3d8psk%26tnr%3d1%2c11727%2c27500%2c10750%2c0%2c0%2c9%2c3%2c552%2c551%2c550%2c2611%2c6%2c360%2c25%2c0%2c1%2c253%2c-1%26pids%3d0%2c18%2c20%2c550%2c551%2c552%2c553&RtspClientPortMax=7200&RtspClientPortMin=6200&RtspOpenConnectionTimeout=100000&RtspIgnoreRtpPayloadType=1&RtspSameConnectionTcpPreference=1&RtspUdpPreference=0

Just once the channel started normally.
    Now this tab after restaring TVServer is also grey, as the changed playlist is not loaded anymore.

2. Ergonomocs.
    Coming back to what I said before.
    I'm having more than 5 000 channels and a lot of TV-sources.
    No way for me to use scanning IPTV through GUI, mapping, sorting, etc., clicking on the last icon to get the right params for 729 channels from 545-tv.com as you advised or manually choose channels to set OpenConnectionTimeout
    It's abnormal. Or I will spend my whole life clicking something.
    I use only scripts and work with db or any configs you will point to.
    Yes, you are talking with a lazy ex-Linux user who used TVHeadend, which scanns even DVB itself.
    Just put the sat position, diseqc port and 1 mux. After a while you will see all the channels from the sattelite.
    I'm still dreaming of "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade" in Windows.
    Joke.

Unfortunately, my question about automating the process of retieving params for 545-tv.com is still not answered.
    Without the answer I'm not able to put the channels into db correctly.
    Is there any way to invoke via script getting the right params for the channels?

If stream is surely FTA, then you can set Set stream as not scrambled in Mpeg2TsParser parameter.
    Putting DVBViewer channels directly to db and setting status to FTA is not a problem via a script. Just one field per line.

Setting OpenConnectionTimeout through changing some kind of config will not be a problem, if you would point to the config path.
    I will bulk override the default settings, if it is needed for every particular channel.

3. Timeout, Ergonomocs and some philosophy.
    At first, how come a user know what timeout to choose?
    Try every channel of 5 000?
    But if DVBViewer or any other source will response 3 seconds later next time?
    This is only a piece of SW, which must choose the timout. Itself.
    Why VLC is doing it for me?

4. Lyrics.
    Guys, I really appreciate what you do.
    And many thanks for helping me.
    I understand that a dev will love what he has done, but why not look at what others did.
    Just for fun.
    Sorry for saying 'VLC' again:
    - you simply load *.m3u (2-3 seconds, no torturing broadcasting server) +100500,
    - SW chooses the right timeout (2-3 seconds and you will watch tv) +100500,
    - no need to read help and operate hundreds of options (I read VODserver help - too many 'If ... do. ElseIf ... do' - I simply want to put 1 line to use ffmpeg!)

For a conclusion.
    Sorry, if I said something wrong.
    The simplier for a user, the better.

Really need you help to make it work for me.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Upon deleting 17 MP scans the right channels.
    Good - that is what I thought would happen. :)

But no watching is possible.
    The workaround I suggested was only for scanning. Please follow georgius' recommendations regarding the time-out setting.

the correct networkId in DB (253 instead of scanned 0).
    Network ID is irrelevant for tuning.

previewing window opens, but it's grey
    Preview won't work unless you have installed good codecs and configured Windows to use them (ie. DirectShow merit). If you want to test time-shifting, I recommend to use the "manual control" section; if you want to test video/audio, please use a proper client (eg. MP, KODI).

As you wish (see the attachment).
    It seems you have changed "preferred network provider" to "DVBC"?
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/02_TV_Servers#Edit_Tuner_Settings

As it says in the settings dialog and the wiki: "generic" is recommended, and "generic" is the value that I'd expect to work with the 6205.
    So, did you try "generic" (default) first? ...and why did you change to "DVBC"?

Please provide new log files using the generic network provider.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Unfortunately, my question about automating the process of retieving params for 545-tv.com is still not answered.
    Without the answer I'm not able to put the channels into db correctly.
    Is there any way to invoke via script getting the right params for the channels?
    No. The channel must be tuned in order to find the service ID and PMT PID. There is no way to tune via script.

Why VLC is doing it for me?
    Maybe VLC default time-out is higher than TV Server, I don't know.

bounguine

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2005
    St.Petersburg
    Home Country
    The workaround I suggested was only for scanning. Please follow georgius' recommendations regarding the time-out setting.

Please read my post above.

Preview won't work unless you have installed good codecs and configured Windows to use them (ie. DirectShow merit). If you want to test time-shifting, I recommend to use the "manual control" section; if you want to test video/audio, please use a proper client (eg. MP, KODI).

It works if MP co-works normally with DVBViewer from time to time.
    Plus there's no problem, if I use upnp instead of rtsp.
    This is not matter of codecs.

So, did you try "generic" (default) first? ...and why did you change to "DVBC"?
    I tried both variants[DOUBLEPOST=1464043780][/DOUBLEPOST]
    No. The channel must be tuned in order to find the service ID and PMT PID. There is no way to tune via script.

I meant two things:
    - load with a script into db after parsing service ID and PMT PID from DVBViewer rtsp-link (with upnp-link it works, with rtsp-link not) / using tricks (10000 for PMT PID - see above, MP starts and corrects to the right value - I checked the db),
    - changing the whole concept to what VLC, DVBLink, etc. have (channels are loaded without scanning, when watching the right params are requested, db is updated)

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Please read my post above.
    georgius will have to help you with this. I'm not the expert with the merged IPTV filter.

This is not matter of codecs.
    How can you say that? Neither you nor I have no idea which codecs the preview function is using.
    You asked for our help and that is my recommendation. I guess you can ignore it if you want.

I tried both variants
    Okay, now I look at your log files again...
    [2016-05-23 17:33:47,050] [Log ] [9 ] [INFO ] - dvbc: Scan:DVBC:tv: Freq:810000 ONID:-1 TSID:-1 SID:-1 PMT:0xFFFFFFFF FTA:False LCN:10000 SymbolRate:0 Modulation:ModNotDefined

Symbol rate and modulation are required for tuning DVB-C. Some tuners may be able to tune without them (eg. like your BeholdTV), but that can be much much slower. So, it's always better to set those values... and obviously the TBS tuner needs them in order to tune successfully.

bounguine

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2005
    St.Petersburg
    Home Country
    How can you say that? Neither you nor I have no idea which codecs the preview function is using.
    You asked for our help and that is my recommendation. I guess you can ignore it if you want.

Sorry, pal.
    It's late at night here.
    What I meant, I tested many upnp links from DVBViewer and all of them work (if my script parses the correct params and puts them into db).
    RTSP-links for the same channels with the same params work only if co-working 'MP <> DVBViewer' for some reason succeeds.
    I know nothing why.

obviously the TBS tuner needs them in order to tune successfully
    I understand what you mean. I have to correct my frequeces list.
    But only tomorrow evening.
    I have to go to bed.

Many thanks again!
    Please make also Linux world better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom