MERGING MediaPortal Url Source Splitter & IPTV Filter (2 Viewers)

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Caution: Installing the latest version 2.2.26.8015 caused MP to freeze when skipping forward or backward on OnlineVideos. The only way to get out of the frozen MP was to Ctrl-Alt-Del and use Task Manager.

Reinstalling 2.2.22.7408 has fixed the issue for me.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Strange, don't have that at my end. (although skipping forward can take a while because it has to wait until data is downloaded. This can go good if server respect the range bytes= header (then it can imediately start downloading from requested position) but if server doesn't support that it has to wait until current download is on that position).
    But I must say it's not 100% foolproof...
    That being said, I didn't encounter any noticable differences in behavior between all released versions, so your reark surprises me a bit.

Do you have a specific case where you can get a (near-) 100% successrate with 2.2.22 and failure with 2.26?
    Only big change which could theoretically cause this was when updating ffmpeg in 2.24.
    So can you get me the onlinevideos.log of such a case? And if you want, also test with 2.23 and 2.24 so updating ffmpeg could be ruled out?

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Strange, don't have that at my end. (although skipping forward can take a while because it has to wait until data is downloaded. This can go good if server respect the range bytes= header (then it can imediately start downloading from requested position) but if server doesn't support that it has to wait until current download is on that position).
    But I must say it's not 100% foolproof...
    That being said, I didn't encounter any noticable differences in behavior between all released versions, so your reark surprises me a bit.

Do you have a specific case where you can get a (near-) 100% successrate with 2.2.22 and failure with 2.26?
    Only big change which could theoretically cause this was when updating ffmpeg in 2.24.
    So can you get me the onlinevideos.log of such a case? And if you want, also test with 2.23 and 2.24 so updating ffmpeg could be ruled out?
    Happy New Year!

I'm afraid I can't supply logs as I didn't keep them. I've fixed the issue by reverting, so I thought I would post just in case someone else was having major problems.

I can say that the site I was accessing was BBC iPlayer, and it was Pointless I was watching. I tried several episodes. All hung when I tried skipping forward or back. Pause and unpause worked fine. I think these are mp4 streams, but couldn't swear to it.

All the best.
    R.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well ok, thanks for mentioning it.
    But if you happen to stumble on it again, the mpurlsourcesplitter logs could hopefully be of help here (please pm them in case there's some sensitive info in there)

magda

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi I was using MP1 with Skywalker-1 (genpix) but is not working anymore so I try Mediaportal IPTV Source filter with m3u playlist from NFPS provider but no success I can scan only few internationals channels L I can play my list in VLC with no problem and my list is simple with no any extras also I can upload list to playlist editor so don’t know what I’m doing wrong. I’m in USA, is this making any difference with settings in MP1 server?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom