MP2 - V2.1 Meta-Data import not complete by automatic import (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scheibes

Portal Pro
June 14, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Country flag
Hello,

i don't know if this is a global problem.
But when i add new media files and the daily import starts, then MP2 doesn't import all meta-data.
In most cases the description and the title be missing.

If i start manual the import, in most cases the import is complete. (In one of ten cases is the same problem like the automatic import)

Can anyone retrace this problem or have the same problem?

Best Regards
Daniel

Scheibes

Portal Pro
June 14, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Country flag
PS: I solve the problem, when i move the incomplete folders from the import-folder, start a new import, move the folders back into the import-folder and start a new import. Then all meta-data are imported.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hi.
    Do you use .nfo or online grabbing for metadata? If it is online grabbing then it is possible that your internet connection didn't work as expected in the middle of the night...
    Normally missing metadata should be added on next importer run, if you use online grabbing.

I'm not using those nightly automated import at all. I prefer the shares watcher. If this did not work properly (it's a Windows thing and not that reliable) I trigger a refresh manually soon after I've added new media... So I don't need to wait until next day to be able to see and play my new media...

Scheibes

Portal Pro
    June 14, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I'm using nfo-files.
    The Shares Watcher are activated too.

Now i deactivate the automatic import, cause it takes to much time to switch and import the folder with media files. (My import always run 10 to 20 minutes)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

This is not possible if it is a self made series, like personal travel videos etc.
    This is not possible if it is a self made series, like personal travel videos etc.
    Hi! I have videos that I want to show in TV-Series, such as personal TV series and educational series. As some examples I have...
    Replies
    Views
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user requirements out of the box. Aside from its support for Live TV and Radio, it offers a complete media server for music, movies, and TV shows. Info is automatically downloaded from various sources to...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
    Replies
    Views
    Sorry logfiles might help...
    Sorry logfiles might help...
    From a beginner seeking further help. OK so my tv recordings go into default location and appear on the TV menu. Also if I copy wtv...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, maybe someone can give me some advice. I have two PCs (A and B) and each is equipped with a TV card for recording. I record to a shared folder, which works fine. All recordings and XMLs are stored correctly. Both on latest MP1, Win10 x64. My challenge is the following. If I record with PC(A), the files are correctly stored and...
    Hi, maybe someone can give me some advice. I have two PCs (A and B) and each is equipped with a TV card for recording. I record to...
    Hi, maybe someone can give me some advice. I have two PCs (A and B) and each is equipped with a TV card for recording. I record to...
    Replies
    Views
    It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
    It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom