MP2 - V2.1 Meta-Data import not complete by automatic import (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scheibes

Portal Pro
June 14, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,

i don't know if this is a global problem.
But when i add new media files and the daily import starts, then MP2 doesn't import all meta-data.
In most cases the description and the title be missing.

If i start manual the import, in most cases the import is complete. (In one of ten cases is the same problem like the automatic import)

Can anyone retrace this problem or have the same problem?

Best Regards
Daniel

Scheibes

Portal Pro
June 14, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
PS: I solve the problem, when i move the incomplete folders from the import-folder, start a new import, move the folders back into the import-folder and start a new import. Then all meta-data are imported.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Do you use .nfo or online grabbing for metadata? If it is online grabbing then it is possible that your internet connection didn't work as expected in the middle of the night...
    Normally missing metadata should be added on next importer run, if you use online grabbing.

I'm not using those nightly automated import at all. I prefer the shares watcher. If this did not work properly (it's a Windows thing and not that reliable) I trigger a refresh manually soon after I've added new media... So I don't need to wait until next day to be able to see and play my new media...

Scheibes

Portal Pro
    June 14, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm using nfo-files.
    The Shares Watcher are activated too.

Now i deactivate the automatic import, cause it takes to much time to switch and import the folder with media files. (My import always run 10 to 20 minutes)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom