MetroPortal App - a Windows Phone App for MediaPortal - v1.1 (22-05-2012) (1 Viewer)

felixk

Portal Member
November 28, 2010
Hi Rowdy, will try this as soon as I get back from my mini holiday. Will get back to you in a few days. Thanks for the respons.!

felixk

Portal Member
November 28, 2010
Hi Rowdy,

well it looks like it's a local problem. Ran the demo client and it can not connect either. Ran it with both the local IP adress as well as the 127.0.0.1 loopback adress. No difference.
Will have to figure out what is happening here. Firewall is turned off, running Windows 7 64 bits. but nothing out of the ordinary. We see if it is a UAC thing tomorrow. Keep you posted.

felixk

Portal Member
November 28, 2010
Chessb, felixk, could you both please try the demo client of the original WifiRemote project (Windows client), see if it can connect?
http://code.google.com/p/wifiremote/downloads/detail?name=DemoClient_1.1.zip

If it will, I have to search for the problem in my app... :)

Hi Rowdy,

I finally got it to work. I uninstalled MPExtended and reinstalled Wifiremote. This time I used no authentication and it connected straight away. Now I can almost lose the regular remote....
Thanks for all the work so far !

Last edited:

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Whilst Metroportal works as a remote, there is still the issue of streaming media to the phone. I stumbled across this solution:-

Qloud Server - this is installed on my dedicated media server and using the Qloud Media App on the Microsoft Marketplace (approx £2.50) I can now stream video and music from my server. It is easy to set up and simple to use and works great. I did struggle getting it working at first, but then increased the bandwidth setting to 5120Kbs and streaming is great now. You can also stream using 3G instead of wifi, although I have not tried this.

Clearly it doesn't work with live TV, or integrate with MP at all, but I thought I would let other WP7 users know about it.

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Plex Media Server or PS3 Media Server are also good choices for installing on a media server and any Upnp / DNLA player on the phone will work well for streaming.

gibber

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    MPExtended + WebMediaportal gives webserver + streaming video to most phone OS's already. Is it possible to add streaming profiles for WP7 simply by editing the streamingprofiles.xml file? If so, this would be a good thing to try prior to adding the streaming capabilities to the Metroportal app.

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Any news on the update of this great app? Would be so good to have it on WP 7-8.1.

Damandan

Portal Pro
    May 19, 2007
    Tegelen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I heard through the grapevine that Rowdy has some great ideas on how to refactor and/or redo some of the work that has already gotten into this nice piece of software. The idea is to make this app Windows Phone and Windows 8.1(+) compatible. When he plans to do this, however, is unclear to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom