MetroPortal App - a Windows Phone App for MediaPortal - v1.1 (22-05-2012) | Page 4

Discussion in 'WebService and Mobile Access' started by Rowdy.nl, April 11, 2012.

1. felixk

felixk Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Rowdy, will try this as soon as I get back from my mini holiday. Will get back to you in a few days. Thanks for the respons.!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. felixk

felixk Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Rowdy,

well it looks like it's a local problem. Ran the demo client and it can not connect either. Ran it with both the local IP adress as well as the 127.0.0.1 loopback adress. No difference.
    Will have to figure out what is happening here. Firewall is turned off, running Windows 7 64 bits. but nothing out of the ordinary. We see if it is a UAC thing tomorrow. Keep you posted.

4. Data45000

Data45000 Portal Pro

Student
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi,

thx for this App - when i can use the music plugin? i need this!^^

5. felixk

felixk Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Rowdy,

I finally got it to work. I uninstalled MPExtended and reinstalled Wifiremote. This time I used no authentication and it connected straight away. Now I can almost lose the regular remote....
    Thanks for all the work so far !

Last edited: August 16, 2012
  6. porky996t
    • Premium Supporter

porky996t MP Donator

Chartered Surveyor
    Ratings:
    +81 / 0
    Home Country:
    England England
    Show System Specs
    Whilst Metroportal works as a remote, there is still the issue of streaming media to the phone. I stumbled across this solution:-

Qloud Server - this is installed on my dedicated media server and using the Qloud Media App on the Microsoft Marketplace (approx £2.50) I can now stream video and music from my server. It is easy to set up and simple to use and works great. I did struggle getting it working at first, but then increased the bandwidth setting to 5120Kbs and streaming is great now. You can also stream using 3G instead of wifi, although I have not tried this.

Clearly it doesn't work with live TV, or integrate with MP at all, but I thought I would let other WP7 users know about it.

7. erichzann
    • Premium Supporter

erichzann MP Donator

Platform Manager
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Plex Media Server or PS3 Media Server are also good choices for installing on a media server and any Upnp / DNLA player on the phone will work well for streaming.

8. gibber
    • Premium Supporter

gibber MP Donator

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Show System Specs
    MPExtended + WebMediaportal gives webserver + streaming video to most phone OS's already. Is it possible to add streaming profiles for WP7 simply by editing the streamingprofiles.xml file? If so, this would be a good thing to try prior to adding the streaming capabilities to the Metroportal app.

9. FreakyJ
    • Team MediaPortal

FreakyJ Development Group

Ratings:
    +1,424 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
  10. gurabli

gurabli Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +5 / 2
    Home Country:
    Hungary Hungary
    Show System Specs
    Any news on the update of this great app? Would be so good to have it on WP 7-8.1.

11. Damandan

Damandan Portal Pro

Technical Consultant Microsoft Dynamics AX
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I heard through the grapevine that Rowdy has some great ideas on how to refactor and/or redo some of the work that has already gotten into this nice piece of software. The idea is to make this app Windows Phone and Windows 8.1(+) compatible. When he plans to do this, however, is unclear to me.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!