Microsoft Media Center 2005 (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

News

Microsoft Media Center 2005 is coming out next week

New features :
- Multiple tuner support
- Direct CD/DVD burning (that would be good in MP)

A

Anonymous

NetAdam said:
News

Microsoft Media Center 2005 is coming out next week

New features :
- Multiple tuner support
- Direct CD/DVD burning (that would be good in MP)

So you think this one works with dvb-s or -c? no, it will not. it sucks like v2004 sucks, like v2003 sucks.... and i think it is still crap in v2010...

greets

A

Anonymous

Dual-Tuner Board....sounds good.... recording and watching @ same time cool

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    MCE2005 sucks, I've got it and played with it.
    Yeah it's a nice interface and to be honest the Audio module does kick ass but simple things like playlists for videos are not there... errr Hellooooo!
    Can you go off to IMDB and pull down movie info... errr Noooo!
    Can you stack video files... err Noooo!

You do however get a very polished product which will suit 30% of the market. But once you use and get hooked on MP you can't turn your back on it and thats what the real HTPC enthusiasts (the 70%) will be doing, helping this product get even better.

2x cards can be used in MP now. if you want it more tightly integrated and feature rich then give 'master frodo' some help... more c# programmers please!

DMAN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
    Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
    I recently move to Los Angeles, California and downloaded & installed Media Portal 1.32 pre Release, to find out the programs media...
    Replies
    Views
    The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I prefer the buttons that I use most-frequently to be positioned near the center of the remote, which is not the case with that particular Dell remote. :( Battery life is often a problem. A remote that I...
    The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I...
    In Dec 2020: I purchased 2 remotes for my new HTPC install, eg: HP USB MCE IR RC6 Wireless Receiver and TSGH-IR02 Windows Media...
    Replies
    Views
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in driving the development of an advanced HTPC software? Would you like new features get implemented faster? Well, then join us! What we offer: Almost unlimited creative leeway The possibility to closely...
    Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in...
    Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release DE
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.5 MediaPortal 2.5 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom