Migrating From Windows Media Center to MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    if you have satellite tuners, lots of people rave about the DJBlu plug in. I have not been able to use it myself as I have no satellite dish / tuners and am using a DVB-T/T2 set up only.
    I really think you should check on this. I thought it also worked for Freeview (DVB-T).

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    I had a look through the long DJBlu thread here:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...r-including-sky-uk-channel-epg-grabber.96767/

and it looks like users are having to use a separate grabber to populate DVB-T/2 channels where they have a mix of DVB-S and DVB-T.
    I also had a look at the instructions for installation and it says this:

2. Go into SetupTV and navigate to your DVB-S/S2 cards.

3. Ensure you have selected "28.2e" as one of the satellites.

So without a satellite dish or DVB-S cards, I think we can't use it. :(

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Again, I think you should actually ask.

and it looks like users are having to use a separate grabber to populate DVB-T/2 channels where they have a mix of DVB-S and DVB-T.
    Scanning is irrelevant for EPG.

So without a satellite dish or DVB-S cards, I think we can't use it. :(
    I'm 100% certain the install is not going to stop you from using DVB-T/T2 tuners. The question is simply whether the series link function also works for Freeview.

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2007
    Home Country
    The data comes via satellite from Sky and is the same as used in their STBs. The plugin doesn't require an STB or a Sky subscription, it even includes a checkbox to ignore pay channels if you don't want them.

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    The data comes via satellite from Sky and is the same as used in their STBs. The plugin doesn't require an STB or a Sky subscription, it even includes a checkbox to ignore pay channels if you don't want them.

Thanks, so... if the data comes via satellite is my assumption correct that without a satellite dish I can't get any data?

Users who are viewing this thread