MiniDisplay configuration error (1 Viewer)

jab76

Portal Member
May 7, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I get the same error.

Could it be caused because I recently upgraded to MP1 from older versions and messed around with CyberDisplay and the like? Maybe some old drivers/dlls are still floating around somewhere causing the problem?

I will reinstall my whole system this weekend and let you know this makes a difference

smartbug

June 1, 2008
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
It seems this problem occurs only in Vista, cause msasstate.dll is a component of XP Media Center. I got this error in my system, and finally I`ve solved it today by manual cleaning registry. I searched word "msasstate" and simply delete all strings which contain it. After that minidispaly configuration started without any prompts.
I guess this values were written to registry by some third-party installation processes, but it's just a guess.
So, Vista users, check your system registry for this entry, clean up, and it will help.

jab76

Portal Member
May 7, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I can agree on this. After a clean installation of my whole system (Vista & MP1), everything worked as it should.

Except, now I'm having stuttering playback issues. Probably codec related or something. Blah, I will be so glad with a smooth working system...

Theydon Bois

Portal Member
February 20, 2008
I still get this error. I have been through lots of revisions of Media Portal and SVNs.

Today I uninstalled everything, but still get the error problem.

My laptop when installed with MP allows me to configure a non existant display, so I think I will need a fresh Vista installation :(

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    A quick search on google pointed out to be a issue with "MediaStatusSink" DCOM interface.
    Are you all on iMON Manager 7.40 ?

If so locate MSASState.dll and from its directory run the following command from a DOS prompt:

regasm /codebase MSASState.DLL

Hope it helps.

Simone

Theydon Bois

Portal Member
    February 20, 2008
    Thanks for the reply- unfortunately, this file does not seem to be anywhere on my HTPC. I am using iMOn 7.4 as you mention, running Vista 32 bit, MP 1.0.1, and StreamedMP 0.844

Theydon Bois

Portal Member
    February 20, 2008
    Still no joy I am afraid :(

I uninstalled 3.5 sp1 with Your Uninstaller (to get the remenants of reg entries) rebooted and then downloaded the installer for 3.5 sp1 again rather than one I had already.

I then made sure I was fully up to date with OS Updates, rebooted and tried the MP config. Started miniDisplay and it failed again with the same error.

Failed to locate assembly 'MSASSTATE, Version 6.0.6000.0, Culture = Neutral, PublicKeyToken=[15 character hexadecimal value]'

Note that the configuration program must be executed from/reside in the MediaPortal older, the execution will now end.

You have no option that to press OK, and then closes MP config losing any changes you may have made before the error message.

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    and you still miss this dll in your system ?

Simone

Theydon Bois

Portal Member
    February 20, 2008
    Apologies, I should have mentioned this.

The file is still missing from my system, yes. I have done an advanced search of my computer, and have ticked the box 'Include non-indexed, hidden and system files (might be slow)'

Searching for files called msasstate, msass all reveal nothing, and a search of msareveals plenty of the type of file I think I should see (msadce.dll, msadcs.dll etc) , just not the one I need...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom