Minidisplay/Imon errors in logs (2 Viewers)

killer8

Portal Pro
July 29, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
MediaPortal Version: 1.10.0

Description
Hi, I got this errors with 1.9(pre/final) and 1.10 pre(maybe before but I can't remember this). Imon versino 8.12(newest) is installed. I'm running windows 8.1 x64. The imon display i'm using is included in my Thermaltake DH101 case.

The errors I see in the log:

Code:
[2014-11-13 15:07:23,898] [Error  ] [MiniDisplayRender] [ERROR] - .IsDisabled: iMON hardware is not connected
[2014-11-13 15:07:26,016] [Error  ] [MiniDisplayRender] [ERROR] - .IsDisabled: iMON hardware is not connected
[2014-11-13 15:07:26,017] [Error  ] [MiniDisplayRender] [ERROR] - MiniDisplayPlugin.DisplayHandler.DisplayLines(): CAUGHT EXCEPTION De objectverwijzing is niet op een exemplaar van een object ingesteld.

System.Object[]

[2014-11-13 15:07:26,021] [Error  ] [MiniDisplayRender] [ERROR] - .IsDisabled: iMON hardware is not connected

The errors are gone after I disable the Minidisplay plugin in Mediaportal. I don't have any crashes or other problems becuase of the errors, just the above lines in my logs sometimes. It doesn't always show up but quite often. I think it's after standby most of the time.

Is there any fix for this or setting I can change? I'm not really sure when the errors occur since it isn't always.

Steps to Reproduce:
No, steps to reproduce since they occur sometimes, from my experience mostly after resume of standby.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So you enabled MiniDisplay but you have no display connected to your PC, right?

@Stéphane Lenclud , in this case logging should probably be [Info] rather than [Error]. What do you think?

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No, I have an Imon display, it's also connected and working fine but still shows this error.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sounds like a temporary issue. It probably takes some time for iMON Manager to get back online. I would leave as error really since that's what it is. I'd need to look at the code to tell you more.

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Lcd(included in my Thermaltake DH101 case), I've also included my minidisplay config as attachments in case it's necessairy

Attachments

• imon.PNG
      imon.PNG
      115.5 KB

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unless your logs are filling up with that message I would not bother with it just now.

You should set your LCD to only one row. You should also use the AutoScroll feature and set the scrolling speed in iMON Manager.

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The logs aren't filled up. Just sometimes it shows up, sometimes just once another time a few times.

Thank you for the advice on the setup, I will give it a try.

Are you sure the

Code:
    [2014-11-13 21:08:07,303] [Error  ] [MiniDisplayRender] [ERROR] - MiniDisplayPlugin.DisplayHandler.DisplayLines(): CAUGHT EXCEPTION De objectverwijzing is niet op een exemplaar van een object ingesteld.

System.Object[]

Is also not a problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom