Minidisplay/Imon errors in logs (1 Viewer)

killer8

Portal Pro
July 29, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I followed your advice on the settings but changing rows to 1 instead of 2 gives me an empty display all the time. When changing rows back to 2 everything is fine again. I've still checked "auto scroll", will see if it makes a difference.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm not sure but there could be something you need to change in the advanced settings to get that single line to work.

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You are right, when I change advance -> lcd -> prefer second line to prefer first line(twice) it works now. However I prefer the information I had before since it gives to much uninteresting information like: Mediaporta- time instead of just time etc now. Thank you anyway.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    However I prefer the information I had before since it gives to much uninteresting information like: Mediaporta- time instead of just time etc now. Thank you anyway.
    Whatever works best for you :) I've been wanting to consolidate that code and that provides me some interesting feedback on what needs to be done.
    Could you try out that Auto Scroll thing? This is the one new feature for iMON LCD in that 1.10 release.

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Auto scroll is enabled since yesterday night. What difference should it make?

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Auto scroll is enabled since yesterday night. What difference should it make?

It should scroll per pixels as defined in iMON Manager instead of try to scroll per character which it can't really do since your font is probably not monotype.

Scrolling should be smoother and more readable. If you have enabled it and it still scrolls it means it's working :)

Thanks again for the feedback.

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Oké then it works fine. I think that's also what I noticed when testing yesterday night. Thank you

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I took a closer look to the error, it seems to show up quite often but never gives any problems and imon/minidisplay works fine. However I see the isDisabled error about 3 times most of the time, maybe the display/imon manager isn't ready yet.

I think it should wait a bit longer, I also think the MiniDisplayPlugin.DisplayHandler.DisplayLines() is a consequence of the not connected error. I'm wondering why it gives this error since it just found out the display isn't ready yet so it shouldn't try to show anything right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom