[fixed] Minidisplay plugin comes with not digitally signed driver hwinterfacex64.sys (2 Viewers)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    2- Can you try dll from what explain @Stéphane Lenclud to see if it works ?
    If there is anything to try it should be to delete both inpout32.dll and the SYS file, then see if everything is still working. Which it should really unless you were relying on some parallel port device using that DLL and driver.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    After the initial error, the display worked, and the unsigned drover error did not reappear. However, as of today, MP client does not start.Instead it hangs at "Starting plugins..." For each attempt to start, the error log shows:
    [2017-08-16 04:47:34,572] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - MiniDisplay:Error while loading driver C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\process\LCDDrivers\LCD2USB.dll: Unable to load DLL 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\process\LCDDrivers\LCD2USB.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)​
    and as many instances of:
    [2017-08-16 04:47:34,680] [Log ] [MiniDisplayRender] [ERROR] - Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at MediaPortal.ProcessPlugins.MiniDisplayPlugin.Drivers.ScaleoEV.SetLine(Int32 line, String message, ContentAlignment aAlignment) Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Site : Void SetLine(Int32, System.String, System.Drawing.ContentAlignment) Source : MiniDisplayLibrary Stack Trace: at MediaPortal.ProcessPlugins.MiniDisplayPlugin.Drivers.ScaleoEV.SetLine(Int32 line, String message, ContentAlignment aAlignment)​
    as I care to let it produce.
    This behavior persists after trying both of your suggestions:
    1. replacing inpout32.dll
    2. deleting both inpout32,dll and hwinterfacex64.sys
    I don't find anything useful in Event Manager, just the hang reports from each time I have killed MP client.
    I disabled the MiniDisplay plugin in hopes of at least being able to use MP, but it still hangs at "Starting plugins..." (logs attached)
    WIll try reboot and report back.

BTW, how can I get MP watchdog to *always* zip the logfiles to a public folder. I do my maintenance from a different account, and it is inconvenient to change the path each time.

P.S: Now working after reboot, even after re-enabling MiniDisplay. Thanks for your help!
    P.P.S: In case anyone still cares, I've attached a screenshot of my MiniDisplay configuration.

Attachments

• MiniDisplay Config.jpg
      MiniDisplay Config.jpg
      47.4 KB
    Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    So it's OK after replace and reboot :
    About watchdog, i think it's hardcoded to save on the connected user desktop :)

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    So it's OK after replace and reboot :
    No, it's ok after:
    1. deleting both inpout32,dll and hwinterfacex64.sys
    2. reboot
    I didn't try rebooting between 1 & 2 of my previous post
    About watchdog, i think it's hardcoded to save on the connected user desktop :)
    tsk, tsk ;-) at least I can change the path in the GUI. What seems to be even "harder coded" is the explorer window which opens after zipping the logs. It always opens to Desktop\Media Portal logs, even if I selected a different path :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @rsbrux
    Can you try attached watchdog ?
    You need to replace it to MP folder (backup the current one) :p
    So it should open the stored folder and also keep the latest folder stored for the next watchdog start :p)

Attachments

• WatchDog.zip
      288.2 KB

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Seb, one watchdog branch exist, but never pushed to master branch and not fully tested and finished, this one includ lot of rework by @regeszter on my ask. Also the fact to save personal path folder to xml setting file.

Envoyé de mon D5803 en utilisant Tapatalk

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Ah :) Thanks :) didn't remember it.
    Yep it saved the path also in mediaportal.xml for later use.
    Maybe we should move all watchdog into new forum thread too :p

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The wiki mentions quite a few displays are supported through parallel port so I'm guessing inpout32.dll is used.
    It's possibly loaded dynamically though. That means we can't just remove it without breaking support for those displays.
    I guess we ought to update it to see if that helps with that error, but again without contact with LPT display users to test that for use it's a no go.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    In a clean installation of MP1 v1.26 in a freshly installed Windows 8.1 Pro x64 (Intel doesn't provide Windows 10 drivers for my motherboard) I get an unsigned driver error message even before selecting a driver from the drop-down list in the configuration dialog (screenshot and logs attached).

Attachments

• MiniDisplayConfigErrorWin8.1.png
      MiniDisplayConfigErrorWin8.1.png
      10.7 KB
    • MPlog.zip
      401.4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom