Missing dates on tv recordings (1 Viewer)

Ryan Birkenholz

Portal Member
April 29, 2017
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am running the latest version of MP2. I am not sure when this happened (maybe when I last upgraded versions) but the "Recordings" display does not list the date of the recording anymore. If I had more than one recorded episode in a series, it used to show the date. It doesn't anymore. So it is sort of annoying now in that if I have two episodes of say the nightly news, it will show two episodes named "nightly news" but I have no way of knowing which one is which without playing it. Is there any way to turn this feature on or off? I looked through the settings but didn't see anything. Any ideas?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is there any way to turn this feature on or off?
    This is no manageable feature. If it is not working for you then something is broken. Do you observe the same also for new recordings?

You could try to repair things by doing the following:
    1. Close the MP2 client app.
    2. Open the TV Configuration and point the recording folders to some other directory that doesn't contain any ts files. Make sure to click "Apply the same folder to all cards". Then close the TV Configuration with OK(!).
    3. Manually restart the MP2 Server service in Windows services
    4. Start the MP2 client and verify that no shows are displayed under TV/Recordings. It could be a while until the server has updated the database. Note that the dialogue in the client is not dynamic and you need to leave and reenter TV/Recordings to get an updated view. Once nothing is displayed, close the client app.
    5. In the TV Configuration redefine the original recording folders for your cards. Again make sure to apply the same path to all cards. Then close the TV Config with OK.
    6. Manually restart the MP2 Server service in Windows services
    Verify if your recordings now display correctly in the client. If not please post full logs.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    You can sort the recordings by date, then the most recent episode is the topmost one.
    And "normally" the date and time a recording was done is displayed when the recording gets focus in the list/grid. It is skin dependent where exactly it is displayed but it is displayed. In BlueVision and most of it's themes it is displayed in the lower left region. As example Windows 10 Theme:
    Unbenannt-1.jpg

In Titanium Extended Theme it is displayed somewhere top-left of the middle of the screen:
    Unbenannt-3.jpg

And in MCE Skin it is displayed in the upper right half, near to the middle of the screen:
    Unbenannt-2.jpg

Ryan Birkenholz

Portal Member
    April 29, 2017
    Home Country
    This is no manageable feature. If it is not working for you then something is broken. Do you observe the same also for new recordings?

You could try to repair things by doing the following:
    1. Close the MP2 client app.
    2. Open the TV Configuration and point the recording folders to some other directory that doesn't contain any ts files. Make sure to click "Apply the same folder to all cards". Then close the TV Configuration with OK(!).
    3. Manually restart the MP2 Server service in Windows services
    4. Start the MP2 client and verify that no shows are displayed under TV/Recordings. It could be a while until the server has updated the database. Note that the dialogue in the client is not dynamic and you need to leave and reenter TV/Recordings to get an updated view. Once nothing is displayed, close the client app.
    5. In the TV Configuration redefine the original recording folders for your cards. Again make sure to apply the same path to all cards. Then close the TV Config with OK.
    6. Manually restart the MP2 Server service in Windows services
    Verify if your recordings now display correctly in the client. If not please post full logs.

Thank you for the suggestions. I did this series of steps. When I pointed to a new recording folder, there was nothing displayed when I went to recordings. Then I pointed back to the previous folder and everything looked the same.

Here is what it looks like in the recordings screen:
    upload_2017-11-5_18-44-53.png

I think it may be best to wipe all recordings and associated database entries off my configuration and start from scratch. How can I do that? I tried removing recordings folder from the media sources and re-adding but it just looks the same. Attached are the log files.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here is what it looks like in the recordings screen:
    The view is normal :). Please check what happens when you hover over the entry with the mouse or select it with the cursor. The detailed information that you are looking for then gets displayed at the bottom of the screen:

Recordings 1.JPG Recordings 2.JPG

The two entries "The young and Restless" and "WCCO 4" are recording folder titles that show when there is more than one recording under the same title, although it it shows only 1 recording for each - maybe you deleted some and the view wasn't yet updated.

:

Ryan Birkenholz

Portal Member
    April 29, 2017
    Home Country
    The view is normal :). Please check what happens when you hover over the entry with the mouse or select it with the cursor. The detailed information that you are looking for then gets displayed at the bottom of the screen:

View attachment 194115 View attachment 194116

The two entries "The young and Restless" and "WCCO 4" are recording folder titles that show when there is more than one recording under the same title, although it it shows only 1 recording for each - maybe you deleted some and the view wasn't yet updated.

:
    My system must not be set up like yours. Referencing the screenshots I pasted above, if I go to the TV menu, click on "recordings" then click on "The Young and the Restless" which indicates there is a recording, the next screen says "no items to display" (same with other choices). I can't seem to access any recording through this screen. Here is a screenshot:
    upload_2017-11-6_20-16-56.png

But if I go to the VideoHub menu and click on "browse media" and drill down, I can access the recordings (but no dates). So I am positive the recordings are happening, they just don't seem to be accessible from the "recordings" menu. Here is a screenshot of recordings accessible through browse media:
    upload_2017-11-6_20-19-0.png

Here is a shot of my media sources showing how my recordings are set up:
    upload_2017-11-6_20-14-43.png

Thanks again.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Ryan,

I am not sure what is happening here. Are the paths to Recordings and Series different?

you could try the following:
    • Stop the MP2 Server service
    • Rename the data subfolder under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server into something else.
    • Restart the MP2 Server service
    Then start the client app (note that all settings are now set to default!). Check out the behavior of TV Recordings. If xour recordings now show with dates then good. If not, check that for every recording file (.ts) there also is a respective .xml file with the same name. Report back.

You won't lose any data and can easily get back to the old state by deleting the newly created data sub-folder and renaming the saved folder back to its original name):

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom