Missing Some UK Channels (Quest & Quest Red) (1 Viewer)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    BBC4 wont tune properly until after 7pm, it's not on during the daytime. I just retuned the other week and got Quest fine (Astra UK) but no BBC4 until I tried again in the evening.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Any easy way to totally reset the channels database?
    I have never used satellite TV, so perhaps I have misunderstood the problem. But if you want to reset the channels database, can't you simply delete all of the channels? You don't need to do this one by one; you can do a group select and delete them all in one go. In "TV Server Config":

(1) Click "TV Channels" (left side menu).
    (2) Click first channel in list.
    (3) Use mouse to drag scroll bar to bottom of list.
    (4) Press and hold SHIFT key while clicking last channel in list.
    (5) Click "Delete" button (below channel list).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Hairysoundman

Portal Member
    April 25, 2018
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    I have never used satellite TV, so perhaps I have misunderstood the problem. But if you want to reset the channels database, can't you simply delete all of the channels? You don't need to do this one by one; you can do a group select and delete them all in one go. In "TV Server Config":

(1) Click "TV Channels" (left side menu).
    (2) Click first channel in list.
    (3) Use mouse to drag scroll bar to bottom of list.
    (4) Press and hold SHIFT key while clicking last channel in list.
    (5) Click "Delete" button (below channel list).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

This was a clean install, and the TV Server still ignored the Quest channels. I don't believe that if you manually delete channels, then their entry is removed from the database. I think that MP is leaving a little bread trail, which can't be managed by the user. I'm guessing that only a full system drive wipe and full OS reinstall will sort that.

Hairysoundman

Portal Member
    April 25, 2018
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    BBC4 wont tune properly until after 7pm, it's not on during the daytime. I just retuned the other week and got Quest fine (Astra UK) but no BBC4 until I tried again in the evening.

Doh! I've moved from a DVB-T2 Freeview system to a DVB-S2 Freesat system and that possibility really hadn't crossed my mind, as on DVB Freeview, it didn't seem to matter when a channel was "on" or "off-air".

Mind you, I'm also finding that on Freesat, you seem to need double the amount of tuners to get the same flexibility, so you really need a quad DVB-S2 tuner to replace a dual DVB-T2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom