Missing xml file error - MP 1.2.3 and 4tr 1.7 (1 Viewer)

Pierre89

July 1, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi,

I upgraded to Mp 1.2.3 and 4TR 1.7.

I now getting missing or corrupt xml file messages in the tv screen.

Live TV and tv guide works.
If I, for example, try to enter the recorded TV menu it displays
"Missing or invalid file C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\StreamedMP\4TR_RecordedTv2.xml"

Similar message for search tv guide , etc.

I have attached two log files.

Please help!

Thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Looks like a StreamedMP problem. Is StreamedMP compatible with the latest version of FTR?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You can find the files for BETA6 here. Maybe they solve some problems.
    Don't know if there are many added features in BETA7, but haven't seen updated skinfiles for that release yet.

Culbin

Portal Member
    January 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    I've got the same kind of issue. I'm using MP 1.2.3 and 4TR 1.7 newly installed for the first time on an XP machine. The MP skin works fine for everything but when I switch to Avalon it errors when referencing 4TR.
    Missing or invalid file:C:\documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Avalon\4TR_RecordedTv2.xml
    and
    Missing or invalid file:C:\documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Avalon\4TR_UpcomingTv.xml

I see other people posting simlar problems in the 4TR forum:
    http://www.4therecord.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&p=21477

Any advice much appreciated.[DOUBLEPOST=1342257787][/DOUBLEPOST]I just checked if the 4TR_RecordedTv2.xml file and 4TR_UpcomingTv.xml files exist in the specified path (should have done that before - duh!) and I see 4TR_RecordedTv.xml (without the "2") and 4TR_Upcoming.xml (without the "Tv").
    I renamed the files to match and now Recorded TV works and Scheduled Recordings displays correctly with
    Missing or invalid file:C:\documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Avalon\4TR_UpcomingTv.xml
    across the middle of the screen.

I guess I'll need to abandon Avalon and try one of the other skins, shame.

Culbin

Portal Member
    January 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Getting the same issue with Black Glass:
    Missing or invalid file:C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Black Glass\4TR_RecordedTv2.xml
    so I wonder if it's a 4TR issue, maybe something new in 4TR 1.7?

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Getting the same issue with Black Glass:
    Missing or invalid file:C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Black Glass\4TR_RecordedTv2.xml
    so I wonder if it's a 4TR issue, maybe something new in 4TR 1.7?
    it's simply because Black Glass skins do not support the latest betas of 4tr yet.

Thanks

Tgx

Culbin

Portal Member
    January 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Thanks ketjap. Happy to wait for updates now I know that's the cause and I've just jumped the gun. I know we cannot expect miracles when new releases come out, appreciate the effort :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom