Tools and other software MKV Buddy - Tool to help handling of Videos (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    New version 1.1.4 available for download on the usual place. Aside some bugfixes there now is support for "tt12345678.mkv" naming scheme. And all major external binaries are updated to the most recent versions.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    New version 1.1.5 available for download on the usual place. Aside some bugfixes there now is support for downscaling of images if they are too big. You can set the width, the height and the JPG quality in configuration. the aspect of the image will be kept, so no disortion happens.
    Clipboard 2.jpg

Only images of a size over the given maximum values (default 1920 x 1080 px) are processed.

Hunter23071985

Portal Member
    March 28, 2015
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hi!

Thank you for your program!
    Can you add:
    1. Support kinopoisk.ru database
    The site is good, and there are many plug-ins for this.
    2. More interactivity in the process of tagging video
    The user should be able to adjust the tags, covers, frames, etc. before they are integrated into the file.
    3. More tags and presets
    Such as descriptions, ratings, actors and more; films/serials.

4. Russian interface
    I can help with translation.

Regards.

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    1. Support kinopoisk.ru database
    I'm not sure if this is possible as the grabbing part is done by an external program.
    The user should be able to adjust the tags, covers, frames, etc. before they are integrated into the file.
    This already is possible. The tags are generated from the .nfo files downloaded earlier by MKV Buddy or other Programs like Ember, tMM or so... By manipulating them the user widely has influence of what is being tagged...
    3. Russian interface
    I can help with translation.
    This really is easy (at least I hope the cyrillc signs won't mesh up the GUI). In the installation folder there is a sub- folder named "languages" where the language files are stored. If you want to translate MKV Buddy to Russian language you need to make a copy of the "English.lng" file and name it "Russian.lng" or whatever your language is named in your language... The .lng files are pure text files that can be modified with every text editor like Notepad. Now you only need to translate all terms after the "=". Everything that is before the = must stay untouched as this are the keys to use inside MKV Buddy. All that is after the = is the value in the corresponding language. E.G: There is a line "Files=File" in the English.lng. The same line in the Deutsch.lng is: "Files=Datei" as "Datei" is German for "file" and in the Français.lng the same line is: "Files=Fichier" as "Fichier" is French for File. In your "Russian.lng" you need to replace Files=File by Files= whatever word there is in Russian for File. This you make for all lines in the .lng file, than save it and on next start of MKV Buddy you can select Russian as a GUI Language for MKV Buddy. If you want me to include this in the next release of MKV Buddy you need to send it to me or easier, add it here so I can download and integrate it...

Hunter23071985

Portal Member
    March 28, 2015
    Home Country
    Found another interesting program - MkvToMp4.
    There's more convenient to work with the tags and covers, possibly normalize and convert sound, as well as to create a spectrogram.
    MP4 - normal container, although I like MKV.
    While pondering...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    MP4 is extremely limited in terms of usable content. For this it can not be an "universal" container for videos... E.g you can not mux an average SDTV recording into a MP4 container without recoding... Even the old AVI container is much more flexible than MP4. So MP4 is an absolutely NoGo for me. And aside this, MP4 Metatags are not supported by MediaPortal...

Btw, the Tool you've linked is something completely different than MKV Buddy. It is comparable with MKVMerge from the MKVToolnix package much more.

Hunter23071985

Portal Member
    March 28, 2015
    Home Country
    Made a translation (do not guarantee the correctness).
    About MP4, MKV, AVI I knew.
    Hope that in the future you will modify the interface and functionality to more convenient.
    Best wishes.

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Thanks a lot.
    Now MKV Buddy will be available in Russian too with next release.
    Clipboard 1.jpg

I can not tell if it is displayed correctly but for me it is looking as if the GUI now is in Russian...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    New version 1.1.6 available at usual place.
    Thanks to @Hunter23071985 MKV Buddy now is available in Russian language too.
    Aside some bugfixes and updates the fanart generation is improved a lot. Mainly this is done to better fit into MP2. And now you can choose if you want to generate both, cover only or background only. And you can use a variable {movie} for the naming. With this the filename of the video is used as (part of) the name for the fanart. If you want to use them with MP2 best is to name the cover "{movie}.jpg" and the background "{movie}-fanart.jpg" This will look like in Apollo One and BlueVision Skin, here with my "Grey" theme :
    Clipboard 2.jpg

The "old" fanart was looking like:
    Clipboard 1.jpg

You can see the cut-off images clearly.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    For developing the next version of MKV Buddy I need a few pre- testers with AMD or NVidia graphics. I only have Intel GPU to test. If you're interested please pm me for details, thanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom