Tools and other software MKV Buddy - Tool to help handling of Videos (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    New Version 0.6.2 in first post.
    Apart from fixing some bugs and glitches, this version comes with a complete documentation in english language. And as a new feature you can choose if you want to overwrite existing .nfo and/or graphics. And all external dll and programs are updated to most recent versions. MKV Buddy now is completely 32 Bit compatible, but works flawlessly under 64 bit OS too.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I'm working on the Fanart part. This will generate fanart and cover from video stills in the typical MKV Buddy way... Select a folder to work on and let MKV Buddy do the rest...

Some first results are there:
    A Mark Knopfler concert in Berlin:
    folder1.jpg

fanart1.jpg

A documentary about my home county:
    folder3.jpg

fanart3.jpg

An amateur video about a model railroad layout:
    folder.jpg

fanart.jpg

And a documentary about the raise of the "Wish you were here" Album by Pink Floyd:
    folder2.jpg

fanart2.jpg

On the title layer I need to work further, I fear... ;)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I think I've fixed the "long video name" issue:
    folder.jpg

folder1.jpg

folder2.jpg

Those are the videos with the longest titles I could find here...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    And here are some screenshots how those videos are looking inside MP now:

PureVision Skin (my own mod):
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

Avalance Skin:
    Zwischenablage-2.jpg

Default Wide Skin:
    Zwischenablage-3.jpg

And Athena Skin:
    Zwischenablage-4.jpg

Not too bad, I think.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    New version 0.7.0 is ready. As this file is too big to be attached in our forum I've uploaded it to Share-Online as a temporary solution until the MKV Buddy homepage is ready:
    http://www.share-online.biz/dl/IJQ39NFNMN0

V 0.7.0 now is equipped with a feature to generate fan-art from still pictures taken directly from the video file. Lots of configuration options made those fan-art looking as individual as possible. With this feature videos without any online fan-art are looking as good as possible inside MP.

An additional option allows it to show the program windows of background programs. Pretty useful if something don't work as expected.

The installer now grants global write permission to all MKV Buddy .ini files. So users without advanced privileges can save the MKV Buddy configuration also. Due to this it is possible that you will be asked to enter the admin password at the end of the installation. This only is needed once during the installation and is not stored in any way.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Perhaps, if this is allowed as MKV Buddy isn't a MP only Tool. You can use it with XBMC or WMC or MediaBrowser or Plex or,... also.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    New version 0.7.1 is online.

Aside of some bugfixes you now can recode with constant quality too. For this you need to write the CQ values into the corresponding input fields in the configuration. Valid values for CQ are from 0 to 51 with 0 means without any compression and 51 means extreme compression. MKV Buddy recognises if it should use constant bitrate or constant quality.

A new option is to select if MKV Buddy should shut down itself after recoding and/or remuxing.

I've uploaded MKV Buddy to MP repository. But it takes some time before this is activated. For all of you that don't want to wait that long, here is a temporary Share-Online link:
    http://www.share-online.biz/dl/C8T1RPFNM0A8

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    New version 0.8.0 is ready and in MediaPortal Repository . Link is as before:
    https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/tools/mkv-buddy

Option to append stacked files
    As a completely new feature MKV Buddy now is able to join stacked videos. The "famous" _CD1, _CD2,... could be appended into one MKV
    For all out there who don't read manuals... In source- folder you need to make a sub- folder for every movie you want to join. Into those sub- folders you move all video files belonging to this movie. The resulting MKV will get the name of the folder, not of the separate video files... therefore the naming of the video files themselves is not important aside of the ordering. The parts are joined in alphabetical order.

MKV Buddy now also write .nfo files while generating fan-art. By this you can import the so enriched videos directly into MovingPictures or MyVideos. And you can choose a genre in a text- field near to the folder. This will add to all videos worked on in this run. So you can search, sort and filter your home videos into the whole MovingPictures library aside of "Casablanca", "Star Wars" and "Avatar"...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom