Tools and other software MKV Buddy - Tool to help handling of Videos (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yep. for individual file preparation MKV Buddy was not primary meant. There were enough tools out there that can do this properly. The Buddy was meant for batch processing with some sort of "intelligence" so the tool can decide what to do without nagging the user. And for this it's one of a kind...

jehe

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi Claus,

If i change the metadata language to dutch (nl), then there is no nfo.file created.

upload_2015-12-24_10-54-1.png

If i change the nfo4MPv2.ini then there is also no nfo.file created.
    I use the latest version of the MKV .buddy

Another question, is it possible to use two languages codes, so as no Dutch metadata is present there can be fallen back to the English metadata.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Another question, is it possible to use two languages codes, so as no Dutch metadata is present there can be fallen back to the English metadata.
    This should be done automatically already. At least with "de" as primary language this is working flawlessly. If there also is no English description the description field will stay empty. So MKV-Buddy will use the given language and as a fallback English. If none of them are delivering results, the corresponding fields stay empty.

The other issue I need to test locally here.

Tested it first with a series that has dutch descriptions (.nfo attached = tvshow.zip) and it is working here...

Then I've tested it with a series that did not have Dutch and also no English descriptions... The episodes name was set to English (as they are available in English) and the description is empty, but .nfo are generated. Also like expected.

Third I've tested a series with Dutch episodes title but only English descriptions. This also is working. I've attached the .nfo here too (tvshow2.zip)

So for me all is working as expected...

If this was not a simple connection error with TVDB (TVDB is not really reliable, it's more often down than up) we need to dig deeper a lot. But this has to be postponed after the holidays as I need @lightshock then as he wrote the grabber module. And he is on vacation...

Attachments

• tvshow.zip
      2.2 KB
    • tvshow2.zip
      2.4 KB

jehe

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi,
    strange, it is now working, however, tried a few times to retrieve the metadata-->must have been a connection error.

This should be done automatically already. At least with "de" as primary language this is working flawlessly. If there also is no English description the description field will stay empty. So MKV-Buddy will use the given language and as a fallback English. If none of them are delivering results, the corresponding fields stay empty

ok, thanks for the info

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Since 2016.01.01 the service " MyAPIFilms" has changed their API. MyAPIFilms is used to get the law rating of a movie if there is none available on imdb. For this MKV-Buddy needs a little update to grab those movies again. Please replace the file "nfo4mp.exe" in the installation folder with the attached version and the grabbing will work again.

Attachments

• nfo4MPv2.zip
      31.4 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    A new version V2.0.1.2 can be found (in some minutes) in our repo. Link is in first posting.
    Aside some fixes and Updates this is the very first version of MKV-Buddy 2 that brings new features.

First there is a Log- Collector for easy handling of log files. It grabs all needed files and packs them into an archive on your desktop.
    And second, MKV-Buddy now is able to download chapters from ChapterDB and merge them into the MKV while tagging. Due to the endless variations of video files this did not work every time. But if it works it is very useful.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    A new version 2.0.1.5 can be found in our repo. Link is in first posting.
    Aside some fixes and Updates this version brings a "one button language setting".
    The default installation path has changed from "C:\Program Files\MKV-Buddy" to "C:\MKV-Buddy". This is done due to unexpected issues when installed to "Program Files" The log- collector is working flawlessly if not installed in "Program Files". That's why there are empty archives only... This has something to do with special Windows permissions but I wasn't able to solve the issue.It was much easier to change the installation path...

As the path is changed, an update did not remove the old installation this time so you better uninstall MKV-Buddy prior to the installation of the new version. If you want to keep your settings copy the .ini files to a save place and restore them to the new installation. But keep in mind that all path to external programs needs to be adjusted then...

Polar

April 5, 2016
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi all, new to this forum. A question. I am looking for a way to add metadata to my ripped music DVDs. I ripped them to MKA. But it looks like MKVbuddy only works for MKV files. There are plenty of mp3 metadata generators with direct links to music databases, but none of them does MKA. Any advice is welcome :)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    MKA is the Matroska Audio Container. MKV Buddy is a tool for Video processing. So it is not the right tool for this purpose. MKV Buddy did not grab metadata from music databases, only from TVDB and TheMovieDB.

You need a tool to add Metatags to Audio files. As I didn't use MKA (I stuck with flac and mp3) I'm not sure which tool to use. I'm using mp3tag for my music files. Here you can add file extensions of your own. So it's worth a try if mp3tag is able to tag MKA, if you add them as recognized audio files...

I can give you some AutoIt source code that can generate Matroska conform tag files that you can tag with MKVMerge or MKVPropedit. But how to grab the data to fill those tag files is up to you then.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom