Tools and other software MKV Buddy - Tool to help handling of Videos (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Also audio tracks and subtitles are names correctly and consistant.
    By the way, I also "name" my audio and subtitle streams consistent. I always name them "". The names are not necessary imho only the language and if a subtitle is "forced" or not. For me it's totally irrelevant if a subtitle is a SRT or VOBSub or pure text or whatever, as long as I can read it when needed... And as I also only keep one audio track with the highest possible quality I also don't need any names for them. If it is Dolby or DTS my AVR tell me once I've started to play it. Not that I'm that much interested in this information at all.....

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    A new version 2.0.3.13 can be found in our repo. Link is in first posting.
    Mostly updates and small fixes.
    Aside this there is a workaround for a bug in mkvmerge that destroys the metatags while remuxing. With the new version 2.0.3.13 this issue will no longer affect the "remux after tagging" function in MKV-Buddy.
    Complete changelog:

Fixed - Small Bugfixes
    Fixed - Images are now attached in proper order again.

Enhancement - Workaround for a bug in mkvmerge that destroys metatags while remuxing.

Updates - nfo4MPv3 to 0.56.223
    Updates - FFMpeg to git-e8b355a
    Updates - ImageMagick to 7.0.2-7

Now have fun and feel free to ask, if something isn't clear.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    A new version 2.0.3.16 can be found in our repo. Link is in first posting.
    Aside this there is a new option for renaming 3D video files for better matching in Kodi and future MP2 versions. You select the 3D mode in the dropdown list like before. But now there are options to rename the video (and the matching .nfo) according to the selected mode. If you select "mono" (for 2D videos) then any remaining name extensions like "3D" or "HSBS" are removed. As I didn't have any Full SBS or TAB videos I can not test, if the detection is working as it should. So if there are issues, please tell me and I try to fix them.

Complete changelog:

Fixed - Small Bugfixes

Enhancement - Add renamning options for 3D videos.

Updates - MKVToolnix to 9.4.2
    Updates - FFMpeg to git-267da70
    Updates - ImageMagick to 7.0.3-1

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    After a longer period a new version 2.0.3.17 can be found in our repo. Link is in first posting.
    Aside this there is a new feature for selecting series online source automatically. Here the names and descriptions in the selected language are preferred over the source itself. But you can manually set TVDB or TMDB as the fix source too. Sometimes the automatic will fail due to different data sets on TVDB and TMDB. E.g. the old and new "Doctor Who" is named different on TVDB and TMDB that may lead to lost of confusion, the automatic can not resolve. In such cases you have to set a fixed data source depending on your naming scheme...

The second new feature are two new tags in the series .nfo files. They are for storing "dvd" season and episodes numbers. Today no HTPC software can make use of them, but I'm pretty sure the new MP 2.1 will do...

Complete changelog:

Fixed - Small Bugfixes

Enhancement - Added an "Auto" option for series online data source preferring title and description in selected language
    Enhancement - Support for "<dvd_season>" and "<dvd_episode>" tags in series .nfo files

Updates - MKVToolnix to 9.5.0
    Updates - FFMpeg to git-d316b21
    Updates - nfo4MPv3 to 0.70.327
    Updates - MediaInfo.dll to 0.7.90

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    A small bugfix update to 2.0.3.18 in first post.
    The new mediainfo.dll is not working as expected so I reverted it to the properly working previous version...

Changelog:

Fixed - Revert MediaInfo.dll Update due to bugs in 0.7.90
    Fixed - Better Timeout handling

Updates - nfo4MPv3 to 0.71.329
    Downgrade - MediaInfo.dll to 0.7.87

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    A new version 2.0.3.20 can be found in our repo. Link is in first posting.
    Aside some updates there are a much better automatic usage of online data sources for series. And you now can enter episodes names to be ignored. This is very useful for non- English speaking users. Especially on TMDB every episode that has no translation up to now will have an "default" name. E.g. in German all those episodes are named "Folge xx" where xx is the episodes number. MKV-Buddy needs to know how those not translated episodes are named in your language to get the best possible result. That's why you can enter this in settings now. If you want/need to add more than one name you can do so by using | as separator between the names...

Changelog:

Enhancement - Better automatic metadata grabbing for series.
    Enhancement - Option to ignore "useless" episodes titles...

Updates - nfo4MPv3 to 0.80.349
    Updates - MKVToolnix to 9.6.0
    Updates - FFMpeg to git-edb4f5d
    Updates - ImageMagick to 7.0.3-10

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Some news. The 32 bit times of MKV-Buddy are over now. As Handbrake finally hits the "stable" status but with recent versions only running on x64 systems I've decided to drop 32 Bit support in MKV-Buddy too. I've made a final 32 Bit version 2.0.4.2 including the latest fixes and updates (excerpt for Handbrake of course). This will be the last 32 Bit MKV-Buddy but will stay available for download on further updates.
    The x64 version now is 2.1.0.5 and it contains aside the new Handbrake an option to use "ID files" for series that didn't have a tvshow.nfo up to now. You can place a file named "TVDB-xxxxx.txt" or "TMDB-xxxxx.txt" in the series destination folder. xxxxx has to be replaced with the matching TVDB- ID or TMDB-ID of the series. Example: TVDB-314544.txt or!!! TMDB-67683.txt is the ID file for series "Travelers". The content of the file is not read and so is the extension. As "txt" is most easy to create I use it here, but you can choose whatever you like, it did not matter...
    It's the same principle as the "tt number" in a movies file name and delivers reliable an 100% perfect match. The ID file is deleted once the matching tvshow.nfo is created to keep things clean.

Changelog:

This is the first x64- only version of MKV_Buddy as HandbrakeCLI now is x64 only.

Fixed - Revert ImageMagick Update due to bugs in 7.0.3-10

Enhancement - An ID file in the series folder is used to identify a series if no tvshow.nfo exists

Updates - HandbrakeCLI to 1.0.1
    Updates - nfo4MPv3 to 0.90.362
    Updates - MKVToolnix to 9.7.1
    Updates - FFMpeg to git-6993bb4
    Downgrade - ImageMagick to 7.0.3-1

This is the final x86 version of MKV_Buddy as HandbrakeCLI now is x64 only.

Fixed - Revert ImageMagick Update due to bugs in 7.0.3-10

Enhancement - An ID file in the series folder is used to identify a series if no tvshow.nfo exists

Updates - nfo4MPv3 to 0.90.362
    Updates - MKVToolnix to 9.7.1
    Downgrade - ImageMagick to 7.0.3-1

Now have fun.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    New version 2.1.0.10 in our repo.
    Aside some fixes and updates there now is an option to select used codec separate for every quality range. Now you can use fast codecs for not that important videos and highest quality but slow codec for most important videos...

Zwischenablage-2.jpg

Please be aware that the old codec settings are no longer used, so you need to (one time only) adjust the codecs in "Video-Conversion > Video Recoding" to fit your preferences. And now have fun.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Due to massive Issues with Handbrake 1.0.1 I've uploaded a new MKV-Buddy version 2.1.1.3 into the Repo. It has the old 0.10.5 version of Handbrake included and for this no longer support for h265 - QuickSync... The old handbrake version is slower but much more reliable. If this get fixed by the handbrake guys I will switch back again. Up to then MKV-Buddy will use 0.10.5.

lotrdev

August 23, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Any thoughts on adding commercial skipping to the tool? I've spent time on and off on a plugin for the TV Server that does a lot of what MKV-Buddy does, mostly because I didn't realize MKV-Buddy existed. This is clearly better than my tool, but one thing I worked on a bit that could be a useful add to MKV-Buddy is taking a comskip file (if it exists) and cutting the output MKV file up to remove the commercials automatically. I'd be happy to help or at least pass on what I learned. For me it'd make MKV-Buddy a one stop shop to do everything I need.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom