mkv not working since 0.7 (1 Viewer)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Zinu this is almost certainly a codec or MediaPortal issue. You can easily test if it is related to Moving Pictures though, just try running it in MyVideos. If it plays there fine, then there might be a problem with Moving Pictures, if it does not then it is probably unrelated.

Zinu

Portal Pro
February 28, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
hmm, I'm sorry, didn't think about that. Probably because I never use it, I like M-P better :)
Will try that and report back.

Well, you're right, they don't work in MyVideos either.
What can I do to find out what can be the difference between certain files that work and some that don't?

EDIT: Wait! I think I found it!
MKV's with a DTS track don't play, but mkv's with an AC3 track do! I must be something in the config, but what... I tried changing default decoder for MPEG/AC3 to AC3Filter but that doesn't work...

Well, EDIT2:
Got it working! I deactived AC3Filter in Post processing and selected MPA as default decoder, and now it works!
But what it actually better, AC3Filter or MPA (over SPDIF)?

DaiC1

Portal Pro
November 17, 2007
Neath
Home Country
Wales Wales
hmm, I'm sorry, didn't think about that. Probably because I never use it, I like M-P better :)
Will try that and report back.

Well, you're right, they don't work in MyVideos either.
What can I do to find out what can be the difference between certain files that work and some that don't?

EDIT: Wait! I think I found it!
MKV's with a DTS track don't play, but mkv's with an AC3 track do! I must be something in the config, but what... I tried changing default decoder for MPEG/AC3 to AC3Filter but that doesn't work...

Yip thats the problem I've got {thought it was a bad file at first but it plays im WMP}

Zinu

Portal Pro
February 28, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
that's just a codec pack, not a conclusion about which one's better?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    No in the first post he points out why AC3Filter can cause problems, last couple of pages he explains why and there are users in those pages who have not to dissimilar problems with using the ac3filter.

If not then try the MPA filter with spdif and see if you have problems, oops you already have and it works :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom