Mobile Call Monitor (2 Viewers)

Greenage

Portal Member
October 24, 2008
Aint working for me peeps...

Hey guys, this is gonna be a great plugin when I get it going!

Set my port number (tried 3) lowered the scan time to 1sec...

Connected my Sony Ericson via BT to also use it as a remote control...

Unticked address book and caller ID as wanted to just get it pausing first...

But it doesnt do anything when my mobile rings...

Also, when I goto Plugins, Mobile Caller....it just goes back to the plugin menu... :-/

Any ideas anyone?

boozelclark

Portal Pro
March 26, 2007
Johannesburg/Cape Town
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
hi. there seem to be quite a few problems with the plugin which i'll be fixing soon. follow the steps earlier in the forum using windows hyper terminal to see if your phone is selected. with regards to the
Also, when I goto Plugins, Mobile Caller....it just goes back to the plugin menu... :-/
thats just a bug, because its a process plugin it shouldnt have any options there.

PussyWagon

Portal Pro
August 2, 2008

Is there any updates going on soon? Because the Pause feature isnt working for me.... :( Im still only get an window message when someone is calling. Its a really nice plugin so i hope this is something u can fix soon! :)

Best regards!

smartroad

November 17, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Just tried this, most of the errors I get are like most people, crashes if using phonebook (and sometimes without!).

Main feature (aside from more stability ;) ) would be multiple phones so that me and the other half can have both phones connected to the machine :)

Otherwise this is great idea, and when it works, it works well!

PussyWagon

Portal Pro
August 2, 2008
Just tried this, most of the errors I get are like most people, crashes if using phonebook (and sometimes without!).

Main feature (aside from more stability ;) ) would be multiple phones so that me and the other half can have both phones connected to the machine :)

Otherwise this is great idea, and when it works, it works well!

Does the pause function works for you? Because it dont for me.... :(

boozelclark

Portal Pro
March 26, 2007
Johannesburg/Cape Town
Home Country
hi i finally have some time to fix up this plugin. i have a new version that pauses video and music but i dont have a tv card so i cant fix the pause function for live tv and recorded tv. if any one has a tv card and wants to help fix the bugs here is the new file
View attachment 29415
could you please install it and in config select all the pause boxes then start media portal go to live tv and call your phone so the dialog comes up then end the call and close mediaportal. the find your mediaportal.log file and copy it somewhere else and rename it tv.log. then pereate this but insted of going to live tv go to recorded tv and save that log file as rec.log post both files in this forum and i'll fix up the bugs in the plugin.
thanks in advance to any one who can help.

PussyWagon

Portal Pro
August 2, 2008
This is excellent, now the pause function works fine for me!

Great job boozelclark! :)

Is it possible to make more than one mobile phone connected do you think? Or maybe you could just have TWO plugins with different names and makes it possible that way instead? But then you have to rename your plugin because its not possible to only renaming it in the filename window... :/
Also, a Resuming function would have been nice if that is possible? :)

did some quick research about the AT commands to see if I could help you, and i did find out these functions:
1: (Phone in stanby mode) at+cpas returns: 0
2: (Phone is ringing) at+cpas returns: 3
3: (Phone have been answered) at+cpas returns: 4
4: (Phonecall have been ended) at+cpas returns: 0 again

This means it have to be possible to make a resume function? When the plugin have made a notification of an incoming call it should change the search interval to about 2-3sec (just to have a quicker cpas response, (i guess this interval has to do with how often it send/receive at+ commands?))
As long as the plugin is receiving #4 it will have the Pause activated and then when it receiving #0 it will Play again?

But Im not a programmer so i dont know if it is as easy as it sounds? :)
Hope it could be to any help for you anyway...

Anyway, thanks and great job dude!

boozelclark

Portal Pro
March 26, 2007
Johannesburg/Cape Town
Home Country
thanks a lot i'll give it a try once i've sorted you this pause thing completely. i was thinking of putting 2 buttons on the dialog that pops up one would reject the call and resume and the other would ignore the call and resume (maybe even silence it if thats possible) but i'll look into it once the plugin so far is working properly.

Eyep0p

Portal Pro
June 24, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
are you able to use own skin-files with that plugin? or can you add it? would be great because then it could show a photo from the person calling. only the number isnt so "stylish". :)

other thing: is there a tutorial how to test if my handy is supported? does it work with bluesoleil or only with that windows thing shown in the guide???

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom