[MOD] MovingPictures & TVSeries layouts (4 Viewers)

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    The standalone utility helps - if I make changes in StreamedMP then can just run that standalone utility to sort the basichome screen.

Weather doesn't look right though.. it's not in a 3 x 2 grid on the home screen, and only 3 days have anything in it.

Also, MvCentral (on the home screen) insists on showing the last 3 movies, even though I don't have any latest info set for it. Also Videos shows last 3 movies too.. However, StreamedMP seems to do that without the mod from what I can see..

Cheers!

psykix, if you update from your BasicHome editor, the weather MOD will be lost. At the moment, I don't have a standalone version of that as I place an enhancement request to the developers which could solve this issue. If it is not accepted, I'll work on a standalone version of the utility. In the meantime, if you want, you can re-run the MOD and it will reset the weather to 3x2.

Regarding MvCentral and Videos, I think that you have some overlay set up. Go to the BasicHome editor and choose the "BasicHome Design" tab. Select the "defective" menu options one by one and for every one press the "Select Overlay" button on the lower right hand side. Make sure that these have the "No Recently Added Displayed" ticked.

Regards[DOUBLEPOST=1347381965][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Nah, didn't seem to work man :(

Game_dude, can you check that the time is not set to display the seconds. I just tried it on my machine and if time displays seconds, it will not show. To unset this, go to MediaPortal Configuration and select Plugins. There select the Home icon under Windows Plugins and press Config. At the bottom of the window that opens, you see "Use long time format (with seconds)". Un-tick and save. That should do the trick.

Regards[DOUBLEPOST=1347382205][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I have this official ratings: 0, 6, 12, 16 and 18.

THX for your great work.

Greetings

Moviejunkie80, thanks for the info. I've done these, which will be included in the next MOD.
    DE.jpg

Last edited:

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thank you for taking the time to reply!

I have at the moment gone back to standard StreamedMP and got it set up perfectly.

I'll now try to install the mod. Can you provide a link to the one I should be installing please?

Thanks![DOUBLEPOST=1347392367][/DOUBLEPOST]One other thing I noticed, the clock disappears on the TV Guide page...

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Thank you for taking the time to reply!

I have at the moment gone back to standard StreamedMP and got it set up perfectly.

I'll now try to install the mod. Can you provide a link to the one I should be installing please?

Thanks![DOUBLEPOST=1347392367][/DOUBLEPOST]One other thing I noticed, the clock disappears on the TV Guide page...

psykix, the latest MOD can be downloaded from post #1 which has been updated with the fixes to issues identified these past 2 days.

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Game_dude, can you check that the time is not set to display the seconds. I just tried it on my machine and if time displays seconds, it will not show. To unset this, go to MediaPortal Configuration and select Plugins. There select the Home icon under Windows Plugins and press Config. At the bottom of the window that opens, you see "Use long time format (with seconds)". Un-tick and save. That should do the trick.
    It's already unchecked. Not sure what else to try :( Plus the original weather overlay is showing again :(

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    It's already unchecked. Not sure what else to try :( Plus the original weather overlay is showing again :(

Game_dude, once you use BasicHome Editor and generate the Menu, any MOD in basichome.xml is lost. That is why you ended up with the dual weather showing and old weather summary. For this, I've created a new utility, Weather MOD, so, as the name implies, you can use to re-apply the weather MOD.

Regards

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Awesome that seemed to do the trick! Btw the time still isn't showing. Sorry for being a pain in the ass on this :(

Game_dude, just to make sure the time format is set correctly, can you confirm that in MediaPortal.xml you have the following code:
    Code:
    <entry name="LongTimeFormat">no</entry>

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    The MediaPortal.xml in the program data? Checked it and <entry name="LongTimeFormat">no</entry> wasn't there :(

Ok, so that could be the issue. Just to make sure, MediaPortal.xml is in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal.

Can you search for the following code
    Code:
    <section name="home">
    underneath this section, see if you have <entry name="LongTimeFormat">. If it is there and the value is set to yes, change to no, otherwise insert the following code either after <entry name="dateformat"> or before the next </section>
    Code:
    <entry name="LongTimeFormat">no</entry>

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom