Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Hi,

Here is a skin mod that kinda acts like a plugin to allow context based online lookup.

What this means is that selecting a music artist, a movie, tv show will allow you to get relevant online information on that item.

This uses the BrowseTheWeb plugin with the new parameter and expression controls that available in MP1.2.

Note: Will only work with MP1.2RC and up!!!

Installation:

Copy the "DialogMenu.xml" file from the OnlineLookup zip to your StreamedMP skin folder. I recommend backing up or renaming the original file.

You will also need to install the BrowseTheWeb plugin, use this linked version as it is compatible with MP1.2 and includes the parameter mods. Get it here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/786541-post207.html

How To Use:

Select an item and press the info button. This will open the regular context menu. If online lookup is available you will see "Online >>", press RIGHT on controller to access this menu.

Extras:

BrowseTheWeb skin files for StreamedMP.

I also recommend using a custom HOSTS file. This will act like adblock and also block some nasty sites. More info and HOSTS file here: Blocking Unwanted Parasites with a Hosts File

Thanks - POG

Attachments

• online-lookup-1.jpg
      online-lookup-1.jpg
      149.8 KB
    • online-lookup-2.jpg
      online-lookup-2.jpg
      202.5 KB
    • online-lookup-3.jpg
      online-lookup-3.jpg
      162.2 KB
    • online-lookup-4.jpg
      online-lookup-4.jpg
      132.1 KB
    • online-lookup-5.jpg
      online-lookup-5.jpg
      184.7 KB
    • OnlineLookup-V1-01.zip
      2.7 KB
    • BTW-StreamedMP-V1-01.zip
      828.7 KB

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Also a big thanks Pog for the modded skin files for StreamedMP. Looks a lot better now!

I have only a small feature requiest. It would be nice to show up te hover image as well when the virtual keyboard is showing up. Now, the background is black when you use the keyboard.. Hope you know what I mean!
    Even better maybe is that the page where you currently are is still visible when using the keyboard..

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Really nice idea.

Now when the wife says "let the credits play, I want to find out who played the 5th policeman in that film", I can find it out far quicker!

Good work!

Robbo100

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Glitch in XML code:

where you link to OnlineVideos (YouTube), there should be no check if WebBrowser plugin is enabled but if OnlineVideos plugin is enabled ;)

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    I have only a small feature requiest. It would be nice to show up te hover image as well when the virtual keyboard is showing up. Now, the background is black when you use the keyboard.. Hope you know what I mean!
    Even better maybe is that the page where you currently are is still visible when using the keyboard..

Thanks, updated skin files in first post to show background image.

Glitch in XML code:

where you link to OnlineVideos (YouTube), there should be no check if WebBrowser plugin is enabled but if OnlineVideos plugin is enabled ;)

Thanks Mr. Eagle Eyes ;) Updated files in first post.

Mr. V

Portal Pro
    September 15, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Simply awesome work.

If its ok i will include the music side with my music views mod when i post an update over the weekend.

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    If its ok i will include the music side with my music views mod when i post an update over the weekend.

It's all one big mash-up, go for it.

Anyone want to use this for other skins, please do. Also if you want to do a more localised version post it here and I'll link to it in the first post.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom