Monitor shuts down after 10 minutes of inactivity (1 Viewer)

trythisone

Portal Member
April 13, 2008
Home Country
Hi All

I'm pretty busy at the moment, buit whn i have some sparetime i will look into this. If anybody would like too, then they can have the source code.

br
Michael
I was planning on trying to solve this problem, and it would be great to start from your code rather than from scratch.

och

Portal Member
February 16, 2006
UK
Does anybody know if mflak's plugin still works with 1.0 RC1? Would be useful to know before I upgrade from 0.2.3

Thanks,

Och

trythisone

Portal Member
April 13, 2008
Home Country
Never mind about the source - I've written my own plugin to stop the monitor from being turn off on vista (should work on XP aswell). Source included

Edit: Tested on RC1

Mikey5times

July 15, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Yeah, thanks a lot trythisone! You just saved mediaportal for me.

Works fine here under vista ultimate x86.

Croog

Portal Member
October 7, 2007
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
trythisone: Thank you, it works fine, but except in MyTV section, where my screen still goes off.

I'm using Vista Bussiness with MP 0.2.3.0.

visteon

Portal Pro
October 19, 2007
:D
Thanks for this, works great.
I can't understand why it is not in MP already as a basic feature ????

This is important so the PC can be used by multiple users and turns off the monitor power quickly at the welcome screen. Otherwise a 2hr plus timeout has to be set for the monitor inactive power off time.

visteon

Portal Pro
October 19, 2007
Having used this now for a couple of weeks and finding it really usefull I would like to make a request.

Would it be possible to have an option for the monitor to stay on all the time while MP is running.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom