Monitor shuts down after 10 minutes of inactivity (1 Viewer)

mfalk

Portal Pro
July 10, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
New version

Hi All

I have compiled a new version, and the menu item in MediaPortal should now be gone :)

MPUserFromGER : The issue is the BASS player. I cannot hook up on the start and stop eventhandlers, but i will try to find a way to do that :)

br
Michael

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    mfalk:
    For me, the problem is not the BASS player. First of all, I do have the issue not only with MyMusic but also with MyRadio. In MyRadio, the BASS player is not used. Therefore it cannot be responsible that the windows screen saver is not activated.

I made the following tests:
    1. I disabled the BASS player and set the internal player
    Result: The windows screen saver did not activate.

2. I disabled your plugin and checked MyRadio and MyMusic
    Result: The windows screen saver did not activate

3. I disabled all other plugins but activated yours

So I really don't know, what in MP kicks in and deacticates the windows screensaver again...

mfalk

Portal Pro
    July 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Sounds odd.

One thing you should notice, is when the plugin disables the screensaver it is not reflected in the control panel (i have no clue why), so if you ends MP while the screensaver is disabled by the plugin, you will still see that the screensaver shows as active in the control panel.

Solution is to change some of the settings in control panel and change them back again.

br
    Michael

patricon

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    patricon:

I did that test, see my last post:

2. I disabled your plugin and checked MyRadio and MyMusic

So it is not mfalks plugin that deactivates the windows screen saver right away but something different within MP. However, this is not surprising me because mfalks plugin is there to change the MP default setting. Otherwise it would not be needed...

patricon

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    You are right MP UserFromGER, i'm sorry, i've not readed completely your last post. But in that case, the problem is not with this plugin... have you tried disabling PowerScheduler in MP? for me, the screensaver is launched when using MP, the problem is that when i'm viewing a film, for example, if i don't enable this plugin every few minutes the screen goes black, and i must press a key. Using this plugin it works fine and there is not black screen...

regards,

mfalk

Portal Pro
    July 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Patricon

the only reason it is not uploaded, is that i couldn't find the place last time i tried.

I will upload it soon :)

br
    Michael

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    mfalk and other:
    I found the issue, why my screen saver would never activate! After playing around with some settings in the MP setup, i recognized that disabling the option "MediaPotal always on top" in the general settings tab did the trick. Now the screen saver is enabled as it should ;)

However, the disadvantage of disabling this option is that MP now looses the focus, e.g. if some windows are popping up in the background (e.g. Clickfinder Downloader, iTunes, ...) BTW: iTunes cannot be opened minimized. That is really sh...

So not a real solution... :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom