Monitor shuts down after 10 minutes of inactivity (1 Viewer)

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    why do u need to have iTunes, Clickfinder, etc running in background? :confused:

regards,

I have the iTunes Plugin activated because with this plugin, you can play music files located on a connected iPod. The problem is that even if you play a file that is located on the hard disk, iTunes is opened by the iTunes plugin automatically to play the file. Unfortunately, iTunes is opened as a windows and not "hidden". Therefore, it is displayed before MediaPortal and MP looses the focus :(

Maybe I am doing something wrong here but this is how it is...

Also, the clickfinder plugin starts the download of the EPG data from time to time and displays a small download window. This is also displayed before the MediaPortal screen...

patricon

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    mfalk

I've an idea that you may consider to enhace this great plugin. It could be great if you add a dropdown list into the configuration of the plugin to allow selecting a screensaver from the list (you only need to list all *.scr into Windows folder and subdirs) and also a text box to provide an amount of time. That way, you can bypass the built in sceensaver in windows and launch the selected one after x minutes. Currently there is many problems when using windows screensaver into MP, because i think that MP is not being minimized before launching the screensaver... i've verifyed this launching the screensaver from My programs with no problems and i've noticed that after some minutes, when windows launches the screen saver mp hangs (it really doesn't hangs, but it stops giving visual feedback but i can still hear the MP sounds in background when pressing buttons... Launching the screensaver from your plugin could solve all this problems...

thanks and best regards,

brokenmachine

Portal Member
    October 20, 2005
    It strikes me as really odd that we need a separate plug-in to do something that should have been standard from the getgo. I mean who writes a video player that doesn't stop the screen saver from kicking in?
    But many thanks for this plug-in... now there is only one more thing keeping me from using media portal full time.

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    mfalk:
    I discovered another problem: If you are in the "MyPictures" screen and have a slide show active, the screen saver kicks in. I think this is rather a bug of MP than a missing feature of your plugin. Hoever, it would be nice, if you could add "Pictures" to your list of options.

mfalk

Portal Pro
    July 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hmmm, good suggestion, however i have no clue if there is an event telling when we are in the MyPictures area. When i get some time i might look into this :)

Croog

Portal Member
    October 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hello,
    I'm using MP on OS Vista and I have same problem with screensaver/monitor off, because I don't want to disable them permanently - I use this PC for work too. So, I downloaded mfalk plugin, which is good, but it can disable only screensaver on Vista. Monitor still goes off after his timelimit.
    It is possible to improve plugin for full Vista support? MS Vista has improved power control setting, what I know. :-/ Or is there any other solution?

Anyway, thanks for good plugin, mfalk, it is definitely better than nothing, even with half work. :)

deebo

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    having same problem as croog, even when something is playing the tv turns off after some time if i dont input anything

RisingSunn

February 10, 2008
    I am using Vista too and have my monitor blank after 10 minutes. Rather annoying to have to hit the mouse every ten minutes to prevent power savings?
    Has there been any more progress on this plugin?

mfalk

Portal Pro
    July 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi All

I'm pretty busy at the moment, buit whn i have some sparetime i will look into this. If anybody would like too, then they can have the source code.

br
    Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom