Tools and other software Monitoring Collection (1 Viewer)

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Was watching TV on my client and tested.
    All seems to look good
    Graphics.jpg

Until I clicked the Close button

Application: Graphics Monitor.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
    Stack:
    at  .(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(System.EventArgs)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(System.EventArgs)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef, System.Windows.Forms.MouseButtons, Int32)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
    at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG ByRef)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr, Int32, Int32)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.RunDialog(System.Windows.Forms.Form)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(System.Windows.Forms.IWin32Window)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog()

at  .()
    at  .(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(System.EventArgs)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(System.EventArgs)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(System.EventArgs, System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItemEventType)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(System.EventArgs, System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItemEventType)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef, System.Windows.Forms.MouseButtons, Int32)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
    at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG ByRef)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr, Int32, Int32)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(System.Windows.Forms.Form)
    at .(System.String[])

Faulting application name: Graphics Monitor.exe, version: 0.1.7.0, time stamp: 0x5659bb04
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.19045, time stamp: 0x56258e62
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0002e3c6
    Faulting process id: 0x770
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d129ec4c11647a
    Faulting application path: C:\Users\breese\Pictures\MP2\260101_Graphics_Monitor_Test\Graphics Monitor.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
    Report Id: ebd15404-95df-11e5-8f52-94de80fcab27

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @Brudertac, @breese or anyone who want to help,
    with your latest feedback I was able to enhance the graphic card interface for ATI/AMD and NVIDIA cards in a good manner.
    To make the next step it would be useful to have the log files for your graphic cards. Can you please run the attached version and post your log files here?

Thank you in advance,
    Micropolis

Not bad. No Crash on Close and here are the Log.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @Brudertac,
    ok, thank you very much for the log output.
    Let's try to make the next step: I think that I've found a way to determine the voltage value, attached you can find a very experimental test version. There is a risk, that the application can crash, but I will be happy in case you have the chance to post a log file here.

EDIT: Attachments removed.

Thank you and cheers,
    Micropolis

Last edited:

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @Brudertac,
    ok, thank you very much for the log output.
    Let's try to make the next step: I think that I've found a way to determine the voltage value, attached you can find a very experimental test version. There is a risk, that the application can crash, but I will be happy in case you have the chance to post a log file here.

Thank you and cheers,
    Micropolis

Hm, no Crash but also no Voltage Signs....

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    the latest development cycle for my Monitoring Collection tools has been started a few hours before to identify latest issues and to improve the user experience.
    In the first post of this thread you can find the latest builds. Highlight of this rollout is the implementation of Shared Data Support to allow 3rd party or other external applications to get and display information from the monitoring tools. Therefore the settings menu, the internal data structures and the monitoring routines itself were extended and improved.

What is shared memory support and which possibilities do we have: By using this .NET technology, 3rd party plugins or applications has the chance to use provided information from other applications. The only requirement is the knowledge about the name of the shared memory segment and the data contract. To illustrate how this can be implemented by using C#, a test application for the Memory Monitor tool has been attached to the first post of this thread. It contains the source code and a compiled version to test and understand the proceeding. Please be aware, that the test application needs access to the appropriate monitoring tool. I suggest to execute the test tool in the same directory where the referenced monitoring tool is located.

Additionally a first Windows desktop gadget application, which use this technology, has been implemented and added to the package.
    Memory Monitor Gadget.JPG

In case anyone wants to have an example how the feature can be used in a MediaPortal plugin, I'm able to post source code snippets here on behalf.

@Brudertac: Sorry for my late reply. It is a pity that the way I'll try to implement does not show a positive result. Nevertheless I've decided to pause the digging through the Nvidia driver and API, from my point of view it doesn't make sense currently to develop against a black box. Maybe - when the money is available - I would buy a cheap card to have better development opportunities. Thank you again for your support in the last weeks.

Regards, Micropolis

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    the latest test versions before the final rollout to the MediaPortal forum and popular software portals can be downloaded from the first post.

Merry Christmas and cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    I'm happy to announce the general availability of version 1.0 of this tool collection. The latest versions, updates and more information can be found here.
    Please use this thread for feedback and improvement wishes only, please accept slow response times for the moment.

Regards and cheers,
    Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    in the first thread please find the current preview version for the next major release.
    In case you want to support me, download this version and test it on your specific hard- and software constellation. This can help me to harden the application better and to identify holes in a monitoring process.
    Private licenses you can order via the registration form for free.

Thank you and cheers,
    Micropolis

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    as announced some days ago, the next major version of my Monitoring Collection is available now.
    The portable version you can find in the first post of this thread, appropriate installer files are available on my homepage here or in the Heise download archive. Please use the chance to give feedback about identified issues, ideas for next releases or other helpful hints for a smooth user experience. A free personal license is guaranteed, thanks for your support.

Cheers, Micropolis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom