Monochrome (for those who like dark skins), updated... (1 Viewer)

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
It means basically that your myhome.xml is either missing or not as it should be. Your menu is working like it should? I mean except for the error message? Did you have this error with earlier versions? If you saved your previous install of this skin try to grab the myhome.xml from that one.

The cache doesnt affect that file as the cache only updates changes to media afaik. Mediaportal has certain rules of what should be in different xml's, and your myhome.xml obviously doesnt obey those rules. I often mess up files like that while trying to get skins working the way I want, but its weird if you got it like that from the download.

andykvakk

Portal Member
November 28, 2007
Kristiansand
Home Country
Norway Norway
Hei/Hello!

I have not tried this skin before yesterday, and I got this error instantly after i started mediaportal. The meny works. It seems like everything works exept my homescreen. (vertical scrolling menu).

The files exists in the skin folder, and I have not edited it.
Is it possible for you to send me your myhome.xml so I can test?

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've had that error in the past when there is a plugin in the plugins folder that is not compatible with the version of MP you are running. You need to run 0.2.3.0 or later. Try removing the plugins one at a time (not the MP core ones) and see which one is causing the problem.

NickSE

Portal Member
    October 27, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    HI, the skin looks great but I have some problems with weird "artifacs" not like the ones made from overheating gfx card, but more like "dots" found several places e.g in the guide and it doesn't look it it's like this on purpose.
    imageview.php
    take a look at the attached screen shot, (bad jpeg compression but you can still see my issues)

I see these same artifacts if I run MediaPortal in windowed mode on my laptop. Laptop has 1900x1200 res but graphic card is pressed a little too hard to run all videos in Full Screen. So when I am travelling and watching something on the laptop, I have MP in windowed mode with these artifacts.

Can you try to have MP in full-screen ?

Hi i fixed the problem on my end, it was caused by a problem with the font install, I installed it again and it looks correct now :) - GREAT skin :D

andykvakk

Portal Member
    November 28, 2007
    Kristiansand
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I've had that error in the past when there is a plugin in the plugins folder that is not compatible with the version of MP you are running. You need to run 0.2.3.0 or later. Try removing the plugins one at a time (not the MP core ones) and see which one is causing the problem.

It must have something to do with what you are saying. I will try more later. I tried to change to some of the other skins and get the same errors, also with bluetwo wide. I now think it has to to with my install or a plugin or something.

Thanks for all the replies anyway!
    I need this skin to work. My wife loved it.

I found the reason why. When i disabled plugins, mediaportal setup crashed when i right clicked te my minesweeper plugin. I deleted the myminesweeper.dll file and now it works. Thank you.

Happy new year!

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Would you be able to upload the old mytvseries files, as i prefer the older setup without the extra info box. If i could straight swap those in, that'd be great. Then i can keep the skin updated, but have the old look tvseries :)

jellybeard999, try these, don't forget to delete your cache folder ;). In the next release you can choose from these two screens...

Attachments

• No Series Info Panel Preview.jpg
      No Series Info Panel Preview.jpg
      162.9 KB
    • Series Info Panel Preview.jpg
      Series Info Panel Preview.jpg
      174.8 KB

andykvakk

Portal Member
    November 28, 2007
    Kristiansand
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    MyTvseries, a question

Is it just me getting for example: Genre #TVSerues.Series.Genre?
    Is the maybe something I have to configure?

Attachments

• 17-40-44 (Small).png
      17-40-44 (Small).png
      268.3 KB
    • 17-40-33 (Small).png
      17-40-33 (Small).png
      311.9 KB

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    You need latest _svn_ of TV-Series. Grab it in the tv-series section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom