Monochrome (for those who like dark skins), updated... (1 Viewer)

MJRL

Portal Member
October 21, 2008
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
The problem its font related.
When you download this skin in the folder font there's a XML file named (fonts), then do this:

From Monochrome instalation instructions

If for some reason you don't like the new font:
-----------------------------------------------

1) Copy the fonts.xml from the Font folder into your to your MediaPortal\skin\Monochrome folder.

2) Delete the cache folder in : ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Cache (Vista)
Documents And Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team Mediaportal\Cache (Windows XP)

I Like it, but it's not working good

BoelShit

Portal Pro
November 6, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Whats happens when you do replace the fonts.xml file and delete the cache?
Do you still see the pixels/dots around the letters?

Also, Raytestrak (nice nick ;)) has the same problem and he is also on Vista.
Maybe that's the problem cause I tried Vista when rebuilding the HTPC and I remembered I noticed white pixels/dots too but didnt pay attention to it that time. I left Vista due to standby/hibernate issues and crashes but now its running on XP and I don't have the problem. Maybe its something in the OS to blaim?

MJRL

Portal Member
October 21, 2008
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Whats happens when you do replace the fonts.xml file and delete the cache?
Do you still see the pixels/dots around the letters?

Also, Raytestrak (nice nick ;)) has the same problem and he is also on Vista.
Maybe that's the problem cause I tried Vista when rebuilding the HTPC and I remembered I noticed white pixels/dots too but didnt pay attention to it that time. I left Vista due to standby/hibernate issues and crashes but now its running on XP and I don't have the problem. Maybe its something in the OS to blaim?

That was the solution for the problem, now its fine, if you read carefully that was the solution that i pointed, the solution it's not changing OS cause some problems related to fonts.
This weird, some people don't have issues at 1080P and some have, before i formated my htpc i didn't have issues too.
It's not necessary to start a thread vista vs xp cause font related problems, some people have problems and some don't, for me the problem it's solved i also like this fonte too.

Cadriel

Portal Member
September 11, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
As far as I'm aware - the solution above isn't fixing the issue, it's changing the font. By making the above changes, you're essentially using a different font instead of the default one bundled with Monochrome.

I have the same issue on a 1080p set running Vista 32.

All other fonts appear fine, this one doesn't.

MJRL

Portal Member
October 21, 2008
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
As far as I'm aware - the solution above isn't fixing the issue, it's changing the font. By making the above changes, you're essentially using a different font instead of the default one bundled with Monochrome.

I have the same issue on a 1080p set running Vista 32.

All other fonts appear fine, this one doesn't.

Yes, its using other font, but i prefer using other font instead of having dots, and that font it's not bad either.

martijn189

Portal Pro
October 29, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
sorry for asking the oob question but i cannot find a download link for the latest monochrome, i downloaded a version 2.2 but mediaportal is telling me that the skin is outdated...

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
April 11, 2005
Brussels
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Version 2.2 is the latest and is the version recommended for RC3 and latest SVNs. Psycho Reptile seems to have vanished from the face of the earth for the last month and a half, so some new plugins don't have a real Monochrome skinfile.

Maybe you are not using a recent version of MP ? That would explain a conflict in version.

HTK

Ex-Moderateur en touriste
May 13, 2007
Home Country
France France
Hi !

Great skin ! I use this from the first release.
And what about a Monochrome release in accordance with MP 1.0. Which use the new skin engine ?

Regards,

HTK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom