[Help Us!] more of OS properties to log (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    i don't want to use WMI as it takes always too long (we don't want to wait 2 seconds just to get exact version of windows product type, do we?).
    Hah, yes - WMI can be very slow depending on the query. Sometimes it is only slow on the first query because the information is cached after that... but yes, I agree it wouldn't be nice to add 2 seconds to the MP loading time just to get the Windows version/product info.

[edit: To be clear, I thought maybe MSDN was correct and for some reason Server 2012 was intentionally mapped to SBS... but I'm happy to trust your expertise. :)]

Vasilich

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Country flag
    maybe only on debug log verbosity ?
    there are other ways to get that info without noticeable delay - we currently use it, and same mechanism is implemented/updated in the test app :)
    The only thoughts i have are about getting latest windows updates - it uses COM object, and it takes some time to load (i measured it on my Phenom x64 - it takes ~5..8 ms). The reference to this COM object has to be added to every app that wants to get WinUpdate info - currently MediaPortal App, Configs and TVService.

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    The only thoughts i have are about getting latest windows updates - it uses COM object, and it takes some time to load (i measured it on my Phenom x64 - it takes ~5..8 ms). The reference to this COM object has to be added to every app that wants to get WinUpdate info - currently MediaPortal App, Configs and TVService.
    If you add the method/code/interface/whatever in the common project then it is automatically available for all to use, without duplicating code. I don't see any problem with that. :)

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Country flag
    @mm1352000 @Edalex @all pls test new version from 1st post
    Especially interested for testing on Server versions, W8.1 and XP
    Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 3) x32 [5.1.2600.196608]
    REG: Last install from WindowsUpdate is dated 2012-12-12 23:05:06
    COM: Last install from WindowsUpdate is dated 2012-12-12 23:05:06
    WMP (Registry): not installed
    WMP (wmp.dll): PVersion [11.0.5721.5280]
    WMP (wmp.dll): FVersion [11.0.5721.5280]
    Press any key to continue . . .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    F Mini EPG more information? WMC Skin 4
    Megane [Configuration] Be more specific in Video Codec Improvement Suggestions 0
    morpheus_xx Test builds of MP2.3 WiP, x64, Nereus and more... MediaPortal 2 44
    Lehmden [Videos] More filename possibility for MyVideos local fanart. Improvement Suggestions 26
    cbr954rr Possibillity to add more Movie Folders in Menu General 5
    1 [Pending] Feature Request: TV-Recording - more intelligence - like WMC please Feature Requests 9
    ge2301 [Finished] [MP2-782] Show mouse cursor only if it was moved more than 10 pixels MediaPortal 2 13
    DarkOrje [solved] How can I integrate more news feed in MP2? General 5
    Rob Hexenmeister Mediaportal Properties #plot etc... General Support 3
    Rob Hexenmeister Latest Media Handler - facade properties - itemcount General Support 3
    ajs [solved] New property in VideoArtistInfo page MediaPortal 1 24
    zunixnuz Missing #iswatched property to recorded TV Titan Skin Feedback 5
    horned_reaper Errors in FH log ... Fanart Handler 1
    catavolt [WiP] When changing theme in my skins, I always get this error message in logs MediaPortal 1 9
    horned_reaper MediaPortal configuration error log message General Support 1
    horned_reaper MiniDisplayStatus error log messages General Support 7
    horned_reaper [solved] GUITextureManager Load2 log error messages Fanart Handler 1
    horned_reaper MediaPortal.LastFM.LastFMException error log message General Support 1
    doskabouter Exceptions found due to improved logging General Support 11
    ajs Can't log in to MyGet Online Facilities 4
    HTPCSourcer Media Accessor is flooding logs with files from attached monitor MediaPortal 2 9
    F Audio render and font error in my logs General Support 2
    HTPCSourcer [fixed] [MP2-815] User not logged in when resuming from standby MediaPortal 2 17
    T No TV after updating Windows 10 to latest Version 1903 / OS build 18362.175 (logs attached) General Support 2
    T [solved] "Unable To Play" (Videos) rears it's head again. Logs not possible... WatchDog error attached!! :( General Support 1