[Help Us!] more of OS properties to log (2 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    i don't want to use WMI as it takes always too long (we don't want to wait 2 seconds just to get exact version of windows product type, do we?).
    Hah, yes - WMI can be very slow depending on the query. Sometimes it is only slow on the first query because the information is cached after that... but yes, I agree it wouldn't be nice to add 2 seconds to the MP loading time just to get the Windows version/product info.

[edit: To be clear, I thought maybe MSDN was correct and for some reason Server 2012 was intentionally mapped to SBS... but I'm happy to trust your expertise. :)]

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    maybe only on debug log verbosity ?
    there are other ways to get that info without noticeable delay - we currently use it, and same mechanism is implemented/updated in the test app :)
    The only thoughts i have are about getting latest windows updates - it uses COM object, and it takes some time to load (i measured it on my Phenom x64 - it takes ~5..8 ms). The reference to this COM object has to be added to every app that wants to get WinUpdate info - currently MediaPortal App, Configs and TVService.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The only thoughts i have are about getting latest windows updates - it uses COM object, and it takes some time to load (i measured it on my Phenom x64 - it takes ~5..8 ms). The reference to this COM object has to be added to every app that wants to get WinUpdate info - currently MediaPortal App, Configs and TVService.
    If you add the method/code/interface/whatever in the common project then it is automatically available for all to use, without duplicating code. I don't see any problem with that. :)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    can you post screenshot of SystemInfo?

Unbenannt.JPG

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008