1.12.0 MOVE Dialogue in "Videos" Does Not Move XML File (1 Viewer)

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    My question refers the installer from #4 post. ;)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    My question refers the installer from #4 post. ;)
    Yes i know, that is the installer i have installed now and if i follow your steps to reproduce there a multiple dialog screens appearing at the same time.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Yes i know, that is the installer i have installed now and if i follow your steps to reproduce there a multiple dialog screens appearing at the same time.
    Yes, of course. The dialog is not too nice in titan but good in dwhd. I did not change that part of the code. It means these two are in 1.13 too. Can you clean they?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Any test result?
    As the raiser of this problem, I feel obligated to test the fixes available for it. I downloaded the zip file and yesterday I tried to install it over the MP 1.09-pre currently residing in my test partition. The install failed with one of those inscrutable SQL errors, at which point I decided to give up.

After I had switched off, I remembered that I had had a similar problem when I installed MP 1.12-final over the 1.09-pre in my "production" partition. As far as I remember, I took three attempts to install before I finally identified the correct sequence of actions. Hopefully I made a note of what those actions were; I will go and see if I can find my notes.

If I were to put on the "ignorant newbie" hat, I might comment that it is sad that by following exactly the instructions displayed on the install screen, the installation still fails. However, I am not an ignorant newbie, and I have more respect for the efforts of the development team, so I will refrain from making that comment. :whistle:

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Any test result?
    I have now tested the fixes. Some points:

(1) The failed attempt to install over MP 1.09-pre would have left the system in an indeterminate state, so I trashed that and copied my MP 1.12-final "production" system to the test partition, and installed over that.

(2) I managed to find my notes from a previous install, and followed those to ensure that it would install without problems. For reference, this is the sequence that worked:

(a) Ensure internet is accessed.
    (b) Run as Administrator.
    (c) Stop the TV Server service.
    (d) Do not stop the SQL service.
    (e) Start the install program.
    (f) Choose not to upgrade SQL.
    (g) Reboot after installation finished.

(3) The update started with "Titan" as the skin, so I changed that to "DefaultWide HD".

(4) I tested only the file-handling in the "Videos" section, and only with TS files that had XML files; I don't have any TS files with other types of ancillary file. Also, I don't have any JPG or MP3 files that have ancillary files, so I did not test file-handling for those file types.

(5) Results:

(a) "Copy", "Move", and "Delete" worked correctly :); the XML file was copied, moved, or deleted in addition to its "parent" TS file.

(b) "Rename" did not work correctly :(; the TS file was renamed, but the XML file was not.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Sorry, I totally missed that case. Please test this installer.
    I installed the new build this morning, following the procedures outlined previously. It installed without error. Unfortunately, the RENAME problem is still present. :(

I had a look on various MP panels to see if it said anywhere what build it was, but I could not find any information in that regard (no release number or build date). I also looked in various log files, but it was not possible for me to confirm the build date from the information in the log.

I could not be 100% sure that I had not re-installed the previous version that you had provided, so I had a look in the "MediaPortal" directory in "Program Files". This is what my file-listing program shows (files are listed sorted by date, with most-recent first):

build_dates.jpg

The files have build timestamps of around "2015-12-17 20:47:nn", so I did in fact install a new build. But does that build include your fixes? :confused:

If you need the log files, let me know.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I created a new build. The source is the same. Please try it.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    I created a new build. The source is the same.
    I installed the build from post 19, but RENAME still does not work correctly. :(

I again looked in the "Program Files" folder, and this time the files had timestamps of:
    2015-12-18 13:31:nn
    so I did install the new build, and not some older build.

I also tried the "Titan" skin, and can confirm the problem found by @wizard123, which makes the file-handling dialogues in "Titan" unusable. But "Titan" in MP 1.12 is identically unusable, so no change there. :whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom